Data and Insights Analyst
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Judo Bank
WANTED: An inquisitive mind!
Weâ€™re on the lookout for a Business Intelligence professional to work end to end on delivering disruptive insights.
Who are we?
Weâ€™re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. Now in a few short years, we have grown to over 300 people (and counting), with offices in each state and are profitable â€“ one of the fastest new banks anywhere in the world to be so. We have lent over $3.5b to support SME business customers and have over $2.4b in customer deposits. Weâ€™re here to support Australian SMEs with a business built on trusted relationships, both with our customers and our fellow team members.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this roleâ€¦
If you love:
- Curating data to generate insights that drive action and impact
- Demonstrating your communication skills and ability to tell a story using data
- Contributing to a variety of projects across the business
- Working in a diverse workforce where you can bring your own capabilities, experiences, and knowledge to help build the foundations of Judo
Then this just might beâ€¦
Your dream job:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Work with SMEs to understand, translate and document their business requirements
- Challenge thinking by prototyping and developing disruptive insights
- Design and develop insightful reports and dashboards (Power BI)
- Data analysis to solve business problems and identify opportunities
- Work with Data Engineers to create data models
- Validation of data sources, extraction of data, transformation logic and loading of data in the target tables.
- Improve data reliability, quality and efficiency
- Prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modelling
- Answer industry and business questions
A little bit about youâ€¦
The skills youâ€™ve picked up along the way:
- Experience in one or more languages SQL / Python / R
- Medium level SQL skills (writing, troubleshooting)
- Exposure to Data Warehousing and Dimensional Modelling Concepts
- Experience in Validating Dashboards & Reports on Reporting tools (PowerBI & DOMO preferred)
Your life pre-Judo:
- Experience in documentation of requirements
- Ability to collaborate and manage stakeholders across teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Australian working rights
- Data Vault 2.0
- Financial Services Experience
- Working in an agile environment
Judoâ€™s culture sets us apartâ€¦
- Accountability â€“ make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance â€“ make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork â€“ weâ€™re not a team of champions, weâ€™re a champion team.
- Trust â€“ the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and itâ€™s all about the team. Judo encourages all manner of diversity (including nationalities, skills, capabilities etc.), as it is a crucial aspect of our culture. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process â€“ revolutionising Australian business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- 6 weeksâ€™ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out â€“ weâ€™d love to hear from you!