Customer Service and Administration Manager
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Organization: National Institute of Dramatic Art3.5•6 reviews
$70,000 – $79,999
The National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
The National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) is Australia’s premier training ground for future leaders and practitioners in the performing arts. Located at Kensington in Sydney, it is a centre of excellence in education and training. NIDA is unique in the world for its conservatoire training in the range that it offers which includes Acting, Design, Costume, Properties and Objects, Technical Theatre and Stage Management, Scenic Construction, Writing for Performance, Directing and Cultural Leadership.
The Customer Service and Administration Manager ensures NIDA Open’s Sydney administration team is well managed and that departmental administration is completed efficiently. A proactive, collaborative and supportive team management style is essential to the success of this role.
- Lead an administrative team to deliver high quality customer service across multiple course locations, ensuring customer service KPIs are met.
- Act as the first point of escalation for customer enquiries and concerns, directing staff responses and managing customer escalations as required.
- Support the Business Manager with reporting to the finance department.
- Administer the department’s routine financial administration, including student invoicing, payment plans, debtor management & banking reconciliation.
- Ensure all student enrolments are accurate and enrolment transfers and cancellations are actioned appropriately and efficiently by the administration team.
- Administer the NSW Creative Kids program for NIDA Open, reconciling voucher redemptions against financial reports.
- Implement robust systems and processes to maximise departmental administrative efficiency. Ensure internal stakeholders are accurately informed about departmental administration.
- Manage staff training and administration of course and enrolment management systems.
- Undertake other duties as required by your manager or their delegate.
- Adhere to all WHS and Working with Children requirements of the organisation and relevant associated legislation.
Please download the position profile for more information about this role.
$79,513.19 inclusive of 10% Superannuation (TRP) 4 days per week prorata- Fixed term contract
Benefits of Working for NIDA
- Annual Leave Loading (17.5%)
- Novated Car Leases
- Workplace Banking
- A short bus ride from Central Station and Sydney CBD
- Discounted Health Club & Aquatic Membership at UNSW
- Access to the UNSW Library
- Complimentary tickets to NIDA student productions
- Continuing Professional Development Opportunities
- Discounts from NIDA bars during events
- 50% discount for immediate family members to attend the NIDA Open programs
What we’re looking for
Essential components of your application
- A brief cover letter that demonstrates your understanding of and capacity to undertake the role.
- Your C.V. including two references who can comment on your professional experience
- A separate document that addresses each of the selection criteria listed in the Position Profile individually.
11pm, 7th of November 2021
Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
You are required to have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. This role is not suited to a working holiday visa holder.
A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact James Handsaker or email at [email protected]