Customer Relations Coordinator
Company: Australian Institute of Company Directors
The Australian Institute of Company Directors is committed to strengthening society through world-class governance. We aim to be the independent and trusted voice of governance, building the capability of a community of leaders for the benefit of society. Our membership of more than 45,000 includes directors and senior leaders from business, government and the not-for-profit sectors.
The Customer Relations Coordinator is responsible for the end to end delivery across the full scope of courses and initiatives. This role is the primary guide, host and point of contact for all members, clients and guests visiting the Business Centre and Member Lounge or attending an AICD education program, event or initiative with the vision to elevating the external experience.
Navigating the related administration tasks and reception responsibilities will require the ability to multitask and balance conflicting deadlines. A key element is a communicative and collaborative approach as this role is part of a large national team and also liaises with multiple internal and external stakeholders or vendors.
• Collaborate with the Member, Client and Guest Relations team members to implement AICD programs including events, courses, roadshows and related initiatives.
• Support the ongoing operational excellence of the Business Centre Member Lounge, including reception, administration, security, guest enquiries, cleanliness, catering coordination, and maintenance requirements.
• Manage logistic needs including booking venues, presenters, catering, set up and set down, and related administrative functions.
• Act as the primary contact for participants and prepare all event and education program administration including registration procedures, agendas, briefs, course notes, welcome emails.
• Collaborate with key internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure deliverables are executed and met to standard and agreed timelines.
• Host members, clients and guests across all designated face-to-face and virtual delivery platforms.
• Monitor all communication streams to resolve queries or concerns.
• Maintain systems with accurate records and related administrative tasks.
• Manage related purchase orders, payment processes and invoices.
• Conduct site visits, such as WHS inspections and compliance.
• Undertake flexible working hours to accommodate program schedule and interstate time zones.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar customer relations and experience role within a professional stakeholder organisation.
• Proven experience delivering exceptional customer service standards.
• Demonstrated understanding of financial accountability such as invoicing and reporting.
• Strong organisational, planning and time-management skills with an ability to manage conflicting deadlines and navigate change.
• Excellent interpersonal, stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and attention to detail skills.
• Ability to work autonomously as well as collaborate within a team environment.
• An understanding of governance principles would be beneficial or willingness to learn.
• Confidence to perform introductions and open/close courses or events to a room of participants.
• Food Safety and RSA certification would be beneficial. Training can be provided.
• Ability to perform First Aid and Fire Warden duties as required. Training can be provided.
What We Offer
We equip our people to succeed at AICD through our highly regarded learning and education programs. We have a range of attractive benefits designed to support and reward your career and lifestyle.
For further information on what it’s like to work with us, please visit our Careers and LinkedIn Life pages:
Please apply online by clicking on the “Apply” bottom.
*Please note that the AICD is not accepting resumes from recruitment agencies for this opportunity