Crew Members (Road Maintenance)
Job Location: Gosford & Central Coast
Employer: Central Coast Council
$47,908 to $57,418 pa + 10% Super + $16.70 weekly
Primary Work Location: Charmhaven and Erina NSW
- A great stepping stone into a career at Council
- Provide essential services to your local community
- Work/Life Balance – 9 day fortnight
- Permanent full time positions
The Location and Company
Central Coast Council is one of Australia’s largest Regional Councils with over 1900 employees, spanning a significant geographical area on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour’s drive south of Newcastle.
The Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Overview of the Role
The Crew Member – Road Maintenance is responsible for the delivery of maintenance works predominantly in the area of roads and drainage. The main focus of the role is to safely and competently operate trucks and other plant items in a team environment, while undertaking general labouring tasks to maintain roads and related assets, including bitumen, concrete, lawn maintenance and drainage works.
Council will also be creating an eligibility list from this recruitment process and may utilise this eligibility list to fill other Crew Member – Road Maintenance positions.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who is an experienced civil labourer with skills in truck operation and a commitment to Work Health & Safety principles who values a culture of safety.
Key activities of this role include:
- Safely and competently operate various types of small trucks and plant;
- General labouring duties to maintain roads and related assets, including bitumen, concrete, lawn maintenance and drainage works;
- Traffic control, concreting including formwork, steel fixing and finishing, pipe laying duties.
- Current Class C Driverâ€™s Licence;
- Current RMS Traffic Controller Certificate (Blue Card);
- Current Construction General Induction card â€“ WorkSafe or equivalent;
- Demonstrated relevant experience in small truck operation associated with civil works;
- Demonstrated experience in the repair and maintenance of roads and related infrastructure;
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation and maintenance of sedimentation and erosion control measures;
- Demonstrated experience in the use of small plant;
- Demonstrated awareness of and knowledge/experience in the use of a Maintenance Management System e.g. REFLECT.
Click on “Apply for this job” and follow the link to our website to apply and obtain the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
Please note: Due to the current COVID-19 situation interviews will now be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
This role provides a salary range of $918.84 to $1,101.24 per week ($47,908 to $57,418 per annum) + 10% Superannuation + $16.70 weekly allowance.
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Thursday 2 December 2021.