Job Location: Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges
Employer: Don KRC
GWF is one of Australia and New Zealandâ€™s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,000 people across 60 sites. GWFâ€™s product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, smallgoods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWFâ€™s business units include: Tip Top, DON, Yumiâ€™s, MAURI and Jasol.
DONâ€™s heritage goes back to the late 1800â€™s and we have always been passionate about meat and making meat even better- transforming it into delicious tasting Ham, Bacon, Salami and Smallgoods. Our heritage is expertise in meat, and we have taken great pride in our skills, techniques and our brands form the very beginning.
Our journey has been one from small family businesses to large ones and now as part of the GWF family, which is still largely owned by the Weston family.
About the role
We are currently seeking applications for a Cost Accountant to join our Ham & Bacon team in Castlemaine, reporting to the Finance Business Partner – Ham & Bacon.
- Weekly and monthly accounting for MUV & Labour and provide insight into the weekly drivers of variations to forecast
- Ensure product costs are updated in timely and accurate manner. Work with NPD team, CI, Operations and Finance Business Partner to products are costed accurately
- Provide support to the Finance Business Partner and Ham & Bacon Operations teams
- Tertiary qualification required
- Professional Accountancy qualification (CPA, CA, CIMA, ACCA) or studying to achieve qualification is desirable
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Proven experience identifying and deploying process improvements
- Knowledge of Excel and experience with ERP systems
- Base knowledge of accountancy skills; double entry; costings; journals; ledgers; profit/loss; yield and KPIâ€™s; capex
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the â€˜apply now’ button.
At DON and George Weston Foods, we are an equal opportunity employer. We embrace inclusion and diversity and celebrate what makes us unique. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
Applicants for this position will be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests including a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test and a security / background check which may also include a criminal record check.