Cook (Mt Pleasant Hospital)
Job Location: Adelaide Hills & Barossa
Employer: S.A. Health
Salary: $1,068.00 – $1,079.60 per week
- Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network, Mt Pleasant Hospital
- Salary: $1,068.00 – $1,079.60 per week (adjusted to actual hours worked) â€“ WHA5
- Permanent Part time position available (working 24 hours per week), over a 7 day roster
Are you passionate about food and take pride in everything you create? Do you like the fast pace of a kitchen and work well under pressure and in a team?
We are seeking experienced Cooks to join our kitchen team who can create delicious quality meals with volume cooking approaches.
Dream cook positions – You will only work every second weekend, no late shifts, no split shifts (rostered from 7am -3.30pm), and salary packaging benefits are on offer!
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Trade qualifications or trade equivalent skills as a Cook.
- Previous experience in preparing and cooking bulk meals in Aged/Health Care kitchen (or similar)
- Experience in the oversight of staff
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Have good dietary knowledge including knowledge of clinical diets
- An understanding and/or experience with cook chill methods.
- Understand the importance/ benefit of food in people’s lives
- Communicate effectively with staff across all levels
- Inventory and stock control
- Knowledge of Food Safety principles and practices, food storage and correct food handling techniques.
If you want to join our inspiring team, we can offer you:
- An opportunity to contribute to the care and quality of life for our residents/patients
- Great team environment
- Enjoy flexibility in working hours promoting a work/life balance
- Modern facility with onsite parking
- Salary packaging benefits
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant immunisation screening.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
For more information about the role please refer to the Job Pack provided below. Job ref: 778718
778718 – Cook (Mt Pleasant Hospital).pdf