Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
About the company
Our client is a major supplier of Rolling Stock, Signalling and associated Services for the rail industry throughout Australia.
About the role
6 month contract initially – possible extensions
The Project Contract Administrator is responsible for the preparation and the follow up of project events and contributes to the contract management of a project or several projects from contract award signature up to the final acceptance of the work and final account. The role will be working on the Sydney Light Rail O&M project and will be focused on maintenance contracts.
- Prepare Contract Summary and ensure it is widely communicated and regularly updated.
- Prepare the CDRL and the Project team members in time, and ensure it is accurately communicated and updated. Monitor Works towards contract obligations; check schedule and all milestones compliance.
- Participate in the preparation of data and documents for the negotiation of claims and counterclaims.
- Keep records of compliance of all contractual requirements (performance, delivery dates, quantity, etc.).
- Ensure documentation is in place to enable claims monthly progress are available on time for invoicing.
- Participate in correspondence management by analysing incoming correspondence, preparing and reviewing outgoing correspondence.
- Ensure the filing of the project management correspondence.
- Collect the elements for the preparation of the commercial proposals of the variation orders, and prepare first draft.
- Ensure that the Document Management Plan is properly managed and efficient from contract management side.
- Ensure that Variation Orders flow down correctly to subcontractors and suppliers, in particular for offshore business.
- Liaise with the Insurance person in-charge to cover the project responsibility.
- Alert systematically the Project Director of any event preventing a smooth running of the project.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering such as electrical or mechanical (preferred)
- 2-5 yearsâ€™ experience in the railway business is desirable (not essential)
- Ideally the candidate has worked on construction or maintenance contracts
- Prior experience in automotive, manufacturing or engineering industry is also highly regarded
- Competencies in Engineering processes and contract management
- Prior technical and contract management knowledge in similar role
- Excellent Microsoft Office & MS Excel skills
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
- Analytical skills and system minded.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate to different levels
- Communicates with transparency: Delivers clear messages
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Creates an environment where individuals actively take initiative and ownership
- Ability to influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.