Contract Performance Partner
Location: Mornington Peninsula & Bass Coast
Company: Mornington Peninsula Shire Council
About the Business
Mornington Peninsula Shire is Victoria’s destination municipality, characterised by unique townships, highly productive agriculture, world renowned landscapes, tourist regions, and areas of national and international conservation significance within a vital Green Wedge.
Mornington Peninsula Shire is responsible for a broad range of infrastructure and community services that support the wellbeing and prosperity of our diverse community. With approximately 1200 employees, it is a busy and vibrant workplace.
Contract Performance Partner
- Permanent full-time
- Band 6, $87,462 (excl. super)
- Multiple opportunities
About the role
The Contract Performance Partner will work within the Contracts and Procurement Unit to improve and develop contract management practices in line with Council objectives and ensuring that the Council is deriving best quality and service from the goods and services we procure on the Community’s behalf.
Job tasks & responsibilities
- Provide support and advice to stakeholders on a broad range of contract preparation, negotiation, management, and enforcement strategies, on operational and administrative matters
- Development and management of the Council’s contract management register
- Proactively and independently lead contract process improvements, ensuring best practice, high performance, and value for money across the organisation
- Construction and execution of contract documentation
- Auditing of contracts
- Oversight and management of commercial contract information across a range of contracts across the Organisation, including variations, spend analysis, contract extensions
- Execution of the Contract Management Framework
- Support stakeholders in the creation and administration of contract management plans
- Provide training and support of contract management systems
- Raising of requisitions across all contracts
Skills, experience and other requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Business Management, Contract Management, Contract Law or a related field with relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in contract management or legal advisory role
- Experience in MS Office products and Information Management Systems software programs
- Experience in Open Windows software (desirable)
- Experience in local government or other complex organisations is desirable
- Experience in implementing change management strategies
- Experience in MS Office products
- Experience in local government or other complex organisations is desirable but not essential.
- An Employee Working with Children Check
- Preparedness to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check
Please review the Position Description in full, for specific information about this role.
Click ‘Apply’ this will take you to the job listing on our job application portal where you can commence the application process. Please provide your CV and a one-page cover letter addressing the key selection criteria by 6pm, Thursday 30 September 2021
The Mornington Peninsula Shire is committed to creating a diverse and safe environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and Child Safe employer. We welcome applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; have a disability; and/or a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please Note: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are only able to consider candidates currently residing in Australia with valid work eligibility.
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact: Casey Russell, Contract Performance Coordinator, 5950 1788