Content and Communications Manager, Australian Institute of Company Directors
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Australian Institute of Company Directors
The Australian Institute of Company Directors is committed to strengthening society through world-class governance. We aim to be the independent and trusted voice of governance, building the capability of a community of leaders for the benefit of society. Our membership of more than 45,000 includes directors and senior leaders from business, government and the not-for-profit sectors.
The Content & Communication team is responsible for informing our members and community about issues directors are facing and the AICDâ€™s work strengthening society. We are a leader in business and governance content on topics ranging from boardroom diversity to climate change risk.
Your work will tell the stories of our diverse members â€“ directors and leaders of businesses, charities, government agencies and community organisations â€“ grow awareness of our Advocacy agenda and encourage take-up of our director education products.
- Lead, develop, motivate, and coach our content team, increasing capability, performance and impact.
- Collaborate with some of Australiaâ€™s most interesting and dynamic boardroom leaders, develop and implement content and communications plans on governance topics and policy areas affecting directors, such as pandemic recovery or cybersecurity.
- Oversee the production of engaging multichannel content (social, web, print, email, mobile, video) to grow awareness of the work of the AICD, uplift the capability of AICD members and audience, promote AICD products and services, and increase our share of voice on governance issues.
- Manage the AICDâ€™s content calendar, growing engagement with our audience and ensuring the AICD leads the conversation on priority topics across our channels.
- Support production of our award-winning magazine, Company Director, and develop editorial for the AICD website, creating engaging and inspirational online and social content.
- Ensure content and communication initiatives are optimised for search and UX and adaptable across channels.
- Undertake or contribute to specific national projects or initiatives that support Australian Institute of Company Directorsâ€™ strategic plan as required.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in English, Communications, Media, Digital Communication, Marketing or similar related field.
- Experience leading a similar multi-channel content marketing team developing and executing content plans. Ideally managing a team of 3-5 staff.
- Editorial experience in creating compelling content and messages tailored to a variety of target demographics to grow an engaged audience.
- In-depth understanding of social media, online communication, multi-media platforms, and print and online publishing.
- Experience using web publishing platforms along with systems such as Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Experience, Adobe Omniture, Sitecore, Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Hootsuite and/or Radian6.
- Strong analytical skills combined with a passion for creative work.
What We Offer:
We equip our people to succeed at AICD through our highly regarded learning and education programs. We have a range of attractive benefits designed to support and reward your career and lifestyle.
For further information on what itâ€™s like to work with us, please visit our Careers and LinkedIn Life pages: