Job Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Placing People with Passion
- On the job training & development
- Uniform provided
- Opportunity to be cross-trained and grow your skills
- Vibrant, friendly team environment
- Competitive Remuneration
A new petrol station and cafÃ© has been built in Ferntree Gully.
Opportunities exist for the successful candidate to become an active and contributing member of a dedicated, hardworking, and friendly team of customer service professionals.
You will be reporting directly to the commission agent.
The key Objective of this role is to assist in the daily operations of a 24-hour, 7 day a week petrol station and cafe.
You will be expected to provide high quality customer service and consistently deliver excellence exceeding customer expectations in a fast-paced retail environment.
The opportunity to be trained as a Console Operator and in other areas of the business so that your role is broader.
This will give you the ability to take on more shifts if staff are absent or workloads increase.
Your roster may include weekend work.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic, and quickly become proficient in their role.
Key Areas of Responsibility will include:
- Greet and address customers in a friendly and respectful manner while offering exceptional service to every customer
- Complete sale transactions using the Point of Sale
- Upsell promotions and our food offering
- Cash Handling
- Answer customer inquiries regarding product and services and suggest information about other products and services
- Be aware of forecourt and shop customers
- Providing timely and courteous service and anticipating customer needs.
- Establishing rapport with customers that supports repeat and new business.
- Assisting and supporting fellow staff members within your team.
- Maintaining outlet presentation, behaviours and staff grooming standards
Health Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) requirements
- Maintain awareness of and ability to undertake emergency procedures at any time
- Conduct activities in accordance with OH&S and operational systems and policies related to the tasks and activities being undertaken to ensure your own safety and that of others in the workplace
Merchandise & Store Appearance
- Replenish shop stock in accordance with store operational procedures
- Complete stock delivery activities in accordance with store operational and safety procedures
- Complete cleaning activities including sweeping, mopping, spray/wiping, dusting, sanitising, picking up rubbish from floor, refilling bathroom products, moving waste to site rubbish bins
ideal Candidate will Possess
- An honest, friendly, and outgoing personality with a passion and dedication to working within a team and independently.
- Immaculate grooming and presentation.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to service
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform a variety of tasks
- Experience in customer service, retail industry, petrol & convenience would be highly regarded
An independent and progressive company that has been a long-term player in the petrol and convenience industry and possesses traditional values.
They have the latest technology for convenience, a commitment to safety and are a customer-focused Organisation.
If you think you have the skills, experience and passion please apply now by sending your resume in word format by simply following the prompts.