Compliance Officer – Marketplace
Job Location: Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Catch Group Pty Ltd
Who are Catch?
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australiaâ€™s online retail landscape. Weâ€™ve come a long way since!
Weâ€™re not just one of the countryâ€™s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, weâ€™re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and weâ€™re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We donâ€™t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And weâ€™re just getting startedâ€¦
What you’ll be doing
In 2017, Catch launched the Marketplace platform. Marketplace allows our valued Catch customers to discover a huge range of brands, awesome technologies, outdoor products and everything else under the sun. Whatever youâ€™re looking for, youâ€™ll find it on Marketplace.
We are looking for a Compliance Officer to join the Marketplace Operations team based in Bentleigh East. You’ll be primarily responsible for ensuring that Catchâ€™s Marketplace range and product catalog is compliant with local and federal regulations. Youâ€™ll manage and develop the compliance/audit processes that are currently in place for Marketplace product submissions and live listings. Additionally, youâ€™ll ensure there are safeguards in place to prevent non-compliant products from entering the platform.
What does a normal day in the life of a Compliance Officer at Catch look like?
Wellâ€¦ no two days at Catch are alike, but you could probably expect your typical day to include some of the following things:
- Manage the compliance verification process for sellers
- Manage the product compliance verification process for new and existing SKUs on the Marketplace
- Liaise with the Compliance Team to ensure local and federal compliance updates are communicated to the Marketplace Team and to Marketplace sellers
- Assist in the development and streamlining of compliance processes
- Develop tools for Marketplace sellers to understand critical compliance requirements
- Deliver accurate quality checks across multiple Marketplace sellers in line with Catch curation policies and Australian compliance standards
- Keep abreast of Australian compliance standards and potential effects on Marketplace product listings
- Routinely analyse the health of our sellers accounts in line with catch content guidelines, searching for opportunities to optimise the quality of their product listings
The skills youâ€™ll have
- 2 – 3 years experience in regulatory or compliance role in e-commerce and/or FMCG is essential
- Bachelorâ€™s degree (or equivalent), and Compliance certification is highly advantageous
- Able to analyse data to drive operational projects and continuous improvement
- Exposure to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commissionâ€™s Laws and regulations
- Operational understanding of e-commerce and/or retail platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with reviewing and assessing compliance documentation
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Join our team of Catchies
There has never been a more exciting time to join the Catch Team!!
Our people are at the heart of everything we stand for and will go above and beyond for our customers â€œTo be the trusted place where Australianâ€™s start their shopping journeyâ€
We know that Drive and Passion are hard to generate when we are not feeling valued or having fun, so we make sure our Catchies are well looked after!
Working at Catch, youâ€™ll experience:
- An organisation that is experiencing incredible growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- Innovation / Hack days to get your creative flare on
- An organisation that can flex, and truly supports work life balance
- Community Care Programs â€“ Supporting 1 charity per calendar month
- Unbelievable employee benefits like Club Catch, Kmart discount card, discounted gym membership, on-site parking, in house learning and development, monthly lunches, parental leave programs plus loads moreâ€¦
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.