Compliance and Investigations Officer
Compliance and Investigations Officer
$88,955 – $100,930 per annum plus superannuation
Usual work Location:
Level 12 / 1 Spring Street Melbourne Vic 3000 / In-field locations
Full Time (flexible working arrangements)
Team Leader, Bus Safety Compliance
Grace Grech – Team Leader, Bus Safety Compliance – 0428 137 313
About the Team
As the bus transport safety regulator, the Bus Safety Branch of TSV works with bus operators of all kinds to ensure that they provide safe bus services to their passengers. It does this through:
- permissioning processes which allow bus operations to be provided
- audit activity which checks the underlying safety systems in place by which operators manage risk
- in-field compliance activities which check for compliance whilst buses are carrying passengers.
TSV also monitors and investigates incidents to ensure their causes are understood, that safety legislation or industry practice is followed or complied with, and that lessons derived from an incident are applied to the bus business and shared across industry.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Team Leader, Bus Safety Compliance, the Compliance and Investigations Officer contributes to the safety and regulation of bus operators and bus safety workers by delivering intelligence-led, in-field compliance and investigation activities that enhance the compliance and enforcement capabilities of TSV.
The position is primarily a field-based role, required to respond to the requirements of the broader organisation in respect to compliance and investigations issues in accordance with agreed priorities. A key focus of the role will be partnering with agencies such as Victoria Police and the National Heavy Vehicle regulator to deliver compliance, enforcement and investigations functions across Victoria. The role will also be required to progress and deliver organisational projects in accordance with Business Plan initiatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety legislation and a demonstrated ability to interpret and administer legislation either in a road transport context, or similar regulated industries.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting investigations, producing briefs of evidence, correspondence and reports using clear, concise language on matters within the regulatory and criminal justice systems, and in providing evidence in contested matters before the courts.
- Well-developed investigative, analytical and attention to detail skills, seeking all relevant information for problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience conducting in field compliance activities showing a commitment to teamwork and relationship building while maintaining initiative and accountability for your own work.
- Well-developed stakeholder engagement skills, and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-starting with demonstrated ability to identify, plan and prioritise tasks, manage time and resources (both within and outside of the office), to meet statutory timeframes and business priorities.
Culture and Benefits
The Department of Transport and Transport Safety Victoria are committed to building a culture of developing our people to achieve great outcomes for the Victorian transport network. We are proud of our commitment to flexible work arrangements that support different ways of working, helping employees balance work and life. We are focused on providing a workplace environment that is rewarding, enjoyable, healthy and productive for all employees, where contributions are valued and recognised, expectations are clear, and treatment is fair and equitable. More information on the PD attached (via the APPLY button on Seek).
How to Apply
Applications should include a resume and a cover letter outlining their suitability to the position in alignment to the key selection criteria (maximum 2 pages). Applications close 11.59pm on Monday 20 September 2021. For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please call Grace Grech, Team Leader, Bus Safety Compliance on 0428 137 313.