Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Ready for your next step in your Compliance career?
- Bring your business acumen and agility to a diversified Listed REIT role
- Join an outstanding team and leader in the real estate industry
The role is a permanent full-time opportunity based out of our Stockland Head Office within our Group Legal and Risk Business.
Join our Group Risk team which is a valued business adviser and integral to the way we work at Stockland. Reporting to the Senior Compliance Manager, this role is an opportunity to use and expand upon your compliance skills as Stockland looks to increase its footprint in the capital partnering space for its diverse property portfolio.
Your role will cover compliance with applicable laws, regulations, company policies and corporate governance expectations which are critical to our business success. Together with your Compliance team colleagues, you will be driving delivery of our Compliance priorities to enhance the effectiveness of Stockland’s risk management and compliance framework across our Australian business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing Compliance Framework for new business initiatives including capital partnering.
- Analyse financial services regulatory change and develop gap analysis to identify future needs for current operations and new business initiatives
- Compliance monitoring reviews as part of our Regulatory Roadmap framework.
- Review, develop and maintain compliance policies and procedures to manage key compliance risks
- Engage with the relevant stakeholders to assess the key compliance risks and controls, and work with the business control owners to implement enhanced controls
- Enhance and embed Compliance framework through continued development and implementation of our regulatory roadmap compliance program including real estate licensing, privacy, AFSL and third-party due diligence.
- Enhance Stockland’s Risk leadership practices and reputation through demonstrating risk leadership, deliver training and actively contribute to the development and review of compliance controls to drive accountability for change with business stakeholders
- Work together with the broader Group Risk team on opportunities to enhance our risk management and compliance framework
You will be working collaboratively with the Compliance team and the business; hence you will bring your strong focus on attention to detail, driving results, stakeholder engagement and a willingness to learn, to deliver successful Group Risk outcomes.
Additionally, you will bring your:
- Experience in compliance or professional services with a degree qualification in Business, Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Law or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in Compliance roles ideally in the property, funds management, financial services or other highly regulated industry.
- Demonstrated experience working in property industry (or other regulated business) including knowledge of one or more of the Australian Financial Services License (Managed Investment Schemes) Australian Privacy Act, or Real Estate Licensing preferred. Exposure to GS007 control assurance reports would be advantageous.
- Ability to interpret relevant regulatory legislation and understand both the intent of regulators and the business context
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to have influential and challenging conversations with the business
- Your agility and an enquiring mind will be key to be successful in this role
The Stockland Proposition
At Stockland we are a community delivering outcomes that benefit the community at large. We work collaboratively and inclusively, building strong working relationships. Our portfolio is diverse and so are the opportunities for professional and career development. We are committed to providing our people with broad experiences to build a successful career.
We recognise the importance of flexibility and work life-quality and over 80% of our employees have informal or formal flexible work arrangements. Additionally, Stockland has a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture. Our customers come from diverse backgrounds and we want our teams to reflect this.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. Benefits include free to access or subsidised lifestyle, health, well-being and financial services products.
Due to the permanent nature of this role, we can only accept applications from Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or Open Work Visa holders with more than 12 months validity from their role start date.
Apply today – Stockland – it’s your place.
Agencies should note that unsolicited resumes will not be accepted for this position and Stockland will not pay any fees related to resumes that are submitted directly to hiring managers and not through our approved process. Where appropriate, the Careers @ Stockland Team will work with our preferred panel of agencies to source candidates for roles. Please submit any queries relating to the approved process of submitting candidate resumes or Stockland’s preferred agency panel to [email protected]