Communications Specialist & Editor
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Australian Grand Prix Corporation
Full Time event role until late April 2022!
The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1Â® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix in Phillip Island. We are internationally recognised and respected leaders in sport.
“Our people at AGPC” are a group of passionate and talented people who work hard year-round to make these events possible. We have different specialist departments working towards a clear common goal – providing Melbourne and Victoria with world-class international events.
At AGPC, we enjoy working on the best of sport, events and entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded by unique experiences as well as a high-performing team of innovators, and we need one more.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Communications Specialist & Editor to join our Corporate Affairs and Communications team on a short-term contract basis in preparation for the Formula 1Â® Australian Grand Prix 2022. This is a contract role which will conclude in late April 2022.
Reporting to Manager â€“ Corporate Affairs and Communications, you will successfully support the development and delivery of the Formula 1Â® Australian Grand Prix 2022. The role will also support the delivery of event communication requirements, including publicity opportunities.
The primary focus of the role will be:
- Collate, write and edit content to deliver the Formula 1Â® Australian Grand Prix 2022 Official Program.
- Liaise with external parties such as creative agencies, freelance editors and stakeholders to develop the Formula 1Â® Australian Grand Prix 2022 Official Program.
- Liaise the AGPC sales team, printing and distribution providers to support the delivery of the Formula 1Â® Australian Grand Prix 2020 Official Program.
- Identify and assist with the development of material to execute publicity events such as product launches, photo opportunities and media announcements where required.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in communications, journalism, public relations or related area.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including feature writing and proof reading.
- Experience developing tailored content for different audiences using a variety of mediums.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and time management skills.
To view the full position description please click here.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you today. Applications close on 8th December 2021.
AGPC embraces flexible work arrangements and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.
Under the CHOâ€™s direction, AGPC is required to ensure an employees’ vaccination status is either fully vaccinated or an excepted person. For further information please visit https://www.health.vic.gov.au/covid-19/directions-issued-by-victorias-chief-health-officer.