Job Location: Sydney North Shore & Northern Beaches
Employer: Australian Meat Industry Council
$68K-$72K (inclusive of super)
- Be part of an innovative and leading industry council based in St Leonards
- Actively participate in the communications and marketing strategy
- Attractive remuneration package
Are you a creative communicator with a minimum of two years communications, social and digital experience? Looking to develop your career in a collaborative team environment where you take ownership of projects and implement your ideas? We have a fantastic opportunity for a Communications Officer who is looking to progress their communications career.
The Australian Meat Industry Council (AMIC) is the national peak body representing retailers, processors and smallgoods manufacturers. Our industry is worth $18.4Bn in Australian red meat exports and $13.4Bn in domestic red meat sales (2019-2020), with an Australian smallgoods market of $4Bn (2019). We represent over 1,500 members who employ over 135,000 staff in direct and indirect jobs. AMICâ€™s vision is to deliver a profitable and sustainable Australian post-farmgate meat supply chain, valued by the wider community. Our industry advocacy impacts both domestic and global supply.
The Communications Officer is an integral part of the national AMIC team, responsible for performing duties associated with member communications, marketing campaigns, digital, social media, events, partnerships, member portal and website.
- Compile content for member eDMs and deliver a regular schedule of e-newsletters through Mailchimp
- Administer the amic.org.au website, member portal and associated microsites
- Coordinate the delivery of AMIC webinars and video tutorials
- Assist in the development and delivery of marketing campaigns
- Event support and coordination for national events
- Assist in the sourcing, scheduling and delivery of social media content
- Compiling monthly analytics for communications activities including social media engagement; Mailchimp campaign reports; and website google analytics
- Work with graphic designer on development of marketing and event collateral and digital assets
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or minimum two years demonstrated experience in a communications role. Although not essential, experience in a peak body or membership association will be highly regarded.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills and a demonstrated understanding of audience and channels
- Experience producing communications for a range of digital and social channels
- Experience developing and implementing marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Experienced with all Microsoft Office applications
- WordPress and Mailchimp experience is highly desired and preferred for this immediate start role â€“ training can be provided for any upskilling on platforms for the right candidate
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign) experience will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and flexibly as part of a small and dynamic team
- Great communication and influencing skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to hit the ground running and adapt to change in direction of requirements
How to apply
Click ‘apply now’ and attach your CV including a cover letter please addressing your experience in line with the key accountabilities and why you believe you would be a good fit for this role.
Applications close at COB Wednesday 24 November. This is an immediate start position.
If you have any questions about the role prior to applying, please email Catharine Heffernan, General Manager Communications [email protected]