Job Location: ACT
Employer: Ovolo Hotels
What you’ll get…
- Career progression we are growing!
- Dynamic team and supportive peer and management team
- Great Team Member Benefits and a fun energetic team
Are you just like everyone else? Or do you STAND OUT?
Your career in hip, innovative, edgy cuisine starts here! At Monster we move fast, have fun, and redefine what a boutique hotel can be. Something special is going on here â€“ this is your opportunity to be part of it!
Monster is growing and looking for people to grow with us. This role is a critical part of the restaurant Kitchen team with bags of development opportunities to perfect your craft.
Monster Kitchen & Bar is not your standard flair. Our menu is eclectic, fun, fresh and we get it out super quick! This is a 7 day a week operation, a la carte busy breakfast, lunch dinner and in-room dining.
The Gig – Full Time Commis Chef
Reporting to the Head Chef responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Minimum 2 years in a restaurant Dining environment
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow team members
- Setting up and cleaning down the kitchen after breakfast.
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean and hygienic at all times.
- Ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensure all mis-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- Ensure the department is operated within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up-to-date.
- Ensure any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the Head Chef.
- Ensure all staff under your control are treated fairly and with courtesy.
- Ensuring and controlling levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis
- Personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Assist with producing menus and new dishes.
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimise wastage/spoilage
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
Shiny Happy people all round. That is our mission.
Join us, we are cool Get to be yourself. Not like ‘ordinary’ hotels. We are something different. There’s something happening here.
We’re fast-paced, wild trend-setters and are on the hunt for more to join our growing team.
Apply with Ovolo for a career of excitement!
We are building a family to be be able to work together as a team and be the best of the best, to rock Canberra’s world.
Acton 2601 ACT