Location: Yarra Valley & High Country
Company: Mary Eats Cake
Mary Eats Cake offers an indulgent Melbourne High Tea experience from our Montrose and Brunswick Venues. Our philosophy is based on ensuring perfection in both aesthetics and taste for all of our sweet and savoury delights.
We are looking for a commis chef who is highly proficient in creating savoury food items, including pies, quiches and sandwiches with a keen eye for presentation and attention to detail.
The appropriate candidate would possess the following skills:
* Be passionate and knowledgeable about High Tea
* Qualified commis chef preferred
* Impeccable food presentation skills
* Be able to contribute innovative and unique ideas in regards to new menu design and implementation
* Possess excellent kitchen organisation skills
* Have very high standards of cleanliness and the ability to upkeep to all health and safety food regulations and attend to appropriate records required to be kept.
* Constantly be looking to improve efficiencies within the kitchen whilst being savvy with food wastage and spoilage.
* Be able to work autonomously
* Enjoy producing large batches of food items
The ideal candidate would have a strong desire to improve whilst staying in touch with industry and market trends.
This position is a full-time roles of 5 per week. Saturday and Sunday work days are mandatory
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing and passionate business. We are eager to welcome the most suitable candidate to our great team who are passionate about creating a gorgeous High Tea experience – one of Melbourne’s most fast growing trends
Availability for an immediate start preferred.
Please apply below with resume and cover letter.