Commis Chef – Casual or Full Time
Job Location: Sunshine Coast
Organization: Food Focus
$30 – $34.99 per hour
About the business
Malt Shovel Taphouse is a Sunshine Coast Company built off a culture of an uncompromising commitment to excellent customer service!
We are looking for motivated and charismatic team members who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and assisting in all areas in the kitchen.
About the role
If you consider yourself someone with great hospitality experience combined with enthusiasm and a good attitude that is not afraid to move away from status quo then we would love to hear from you.
Commercial cookery qualifications recommended but not necessary if you have extensive experience.
Benefits and perks
- Work alongside a team who strive to deliver excellent results
- Strong team environment and support
- Potential to grow within an emerging hospitality company
Skills and experience
Reporting to the Head Chef, Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
· Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
· Cook food in a timely manner
· Inform wait staff about daily specials
· Ensure appealing plate presentation
· Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
· Monitor food stock
· Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
· Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
· Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
· Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
· Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
· Excellent time management abilities
· Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
· Familiarity with sanitation regulations
· Culinary school diploma preferred