Clinical Director – Local Public Health Unit
Job Location: Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
Employer: Goulburn Valley Health
Permanent Full Time
Senior Medical leadership role within the Goulburn Valley Local Public Health Unit (LPHU)
- Full Time Position
- 76 Hours per fortnight
- Permanent role
About GV Health
At GV Health, we are so much more than a regional health service. As the largest employer in the region, we work with purpose and pride and are committed to respecting and embracing diversity, inclusion and accessibility for our people and community.
It is an exciting time to join our GV Health team! We are currently in the midst of an exciting $229 million transformation of our Graham Street site, which comprises of a five-storey Inpatient Unit building, expansion of our current theatre capacity, new Critical Care Unit, a state of-the-art Dialysis Unit and an extension of the current Emergency Department.
To find our more information about GV Health please visit http://www.gvhealth.org.au/
About the role
GV Health in Shepparton is looking for a Clinical Director to lead the development of its new Local Public Health Unit (LPHU).
The LPHU will provide public health services to the Goulburn Valley – a population of 160,000 people from diverse backgrounds with clear public health needs. Although initial efforts will be focused on the current COVID pandemic, contact tracing and immunisation, the LPHU will be developed into a comprehensive service including all aspects of public health delivery and research.
If you want to build something wonderful from the ground up, and have a vision for delivering outstanding public health services to a deserving population, then we have a blank canvas for you, and people with drive and enthusiasm who want to work with you.
We are looking for
- Current AHPRA registration as a Medical Practitioner
- Current Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine, Infections Diseases or equivalent
- Postgraduate degree in public health (e.g. Masters of Public Health) or research (PhD, MD)
- Demonstrated expert leadership, experience and knowledge elated to public health delivery and infectious diseases
- Recent experience in the management of SARS-COV2 and COVID-19
Our offer to you:
- Relocation support may be available for the successful candidate
- Access to living away from home allowance – conditions apply dependent on your residence
- Be a vanguard and part of something exciting. Hereâ€™s your opportunity to join our senior medical cohort at an exciting time as we grow our team at GV Health.
Great things happen here in Shepparton. If you would like to learn more about what it is like to work, live and play in the Shepparton region please click here.
Applications assessed upon receipt
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory police check and Victorian â€˜Employeeâ€™ Working with Childrenâ€™s Check. Completion of a Commonwealth of Australia Statutory Declaration is required prior to commencement. GV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Recruitment agencies should note that GV Health does not accept agency resumes. GV Health is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes submitted by Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries: Alicia Cunningham
Ph: 03 5831 0198
Applications Close: 28/01/2022
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.