Clinical / Counselling / Educational & Developmental Psychologist
Job Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Employer: Early Start Australia
Early Start Australia is a national multidisciplinary allied health organisation committed to delivering evidence-based intervention and therapy services to children, teenagers and their families. As an organisation, Early Start Australia prioritises building a fantastic team culture to make a real difference to the lives of our clients. We are seeking a passionate Psychologist with area of practice endorsement in clinical psychology, counselling psychology or educational & developmental psychology to join our team in Subiaco.
What We Offer You
- Diverse and interesting cases who are private or Medicare funded and motivated to make change.
- Referrals from paediatricians, psychiatrists, general practitioners, allied health colleagues and educators.
- Strong collegial support with individual and peer supervision to share ideas with psychologists holding doctorate and/or masters qualifications and area of practice endorsement.
- Options to work full time or part time to nurture work-life balance.
- Secure permanent employment with a national organisation offering a competitive salary and benefits.
The role is to provide psychotherapy assistance to families across the lifespan. Your clients may include:
- Mother-infant dyads experiencing attachment difficulties due to post-natal depression and/or anxiety;
- Parent-child triads having troubles with challenging toddler behaviours;
- Primary school aged children with anxiety, depression, anger, school refusal, struggles with peer social relationships, and behavioural issues.
- Adolescents who display perfectionism, self-harm, and seek to build a strong sense of self.
- Parents seeking assistance with building a healthy relationship with their children.
Candidates who are interested in administering psychometric assessments are also encouraged to apply. Your assessment cases will involve:
- Administering psychometric assessments with children, adolescents and tertiary students.
- Preparing detailed reports to determine whether the clientâ€™s profile meets DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for a neurodevelopmental disorder (such as SLD or ADHD).
- Providing comprehensive recommendations to parents, educators, and allied health professionals on evidence based interventions to assist with learning, social, and/or behavioural difficulties identified through the assessment process.
What Do I Need to Join?
The successful candidate will have:
- Area of practice endorsement with the Psychology Board of Australia in clinical psychology, counselling psychology, or educational & developmental psychology. Candidates undertaking the 6+2 registrar program are also encouraged to apply as we can offer supervision internally.
- Training and passion for offering evidence-based interventions drawing upon attachment theory to enhance family relationships.
- Expertise in developing rapport quickly and creating an empathic therapeutic alliance.
- Confidence to liaise with parents, school psychologists, medical specialists, allied health professionals, and educators.
- Clear decision making when confronted with ethical conflicts.
- For candidates also hoping to complete assessments; desire to develop expertise in tests of cognitive abilities, academic achievement, executive functioning, socio-emotional health, and evaluating DSM-5 diagnostic criteria.
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please apply directly through Seek.
***Closing date is not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay***
Early Start Australia places a high priority on the principles of respect, equity and diversity. As an employer of choice, we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.