Clinic Director, Psychology
Company: University of Tasmania
Clinic Director, Psychology
- Full time, ongoing position.
- Based in Hobart.
- Responsible for student supervision and placement in the University Psychology Clinic and in external placements.
The School of Psychological Sciences is located at all University campuses across Tasmania, with very successful undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The School includes the University Psychology Clinic, which trains provisionally registered psychologists and is open to clients from across the community, offering on-site and telehealth consultations.
The Clinic Director in Psychology will work closely with the Director of Postgraduate programs to build strong external partnerships to foster external training opportunities for our students. They will have knowledge and demonstrated excellence in supervision and teaching in a range of clinical topics at postgraduate level, including, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), professional ethics, psychological assessment, and psychopathology.
- Contribute to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Oversee the operations of the University Psychology Clinic, ensure all APAC accreditation requirements are met.
- Contribute to the supervision of provisional psychologists as they undertake their placements in the University Psychology Clinic.
- Build strong external partnerships to foster external training opportunities for our students and maintain oversight of all external placement supervision.
- Contribute to curriculum development projects in the postgraduate course offerings and facilitate research project operations in the clinic.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent (e.g. extensive Clinical practice or supervision experience) in Psychology, with demonstrated excellence in supervision of provisional psychologists.
- Significant experience in University-level teaching and learning, including within the placement supervision context, with a focus on Postgraduate Psychology.
- Current registration as a Psychologist in Australia with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, and Clinical Psychology Area of Practice Endorsement with no conditions, undertakings or reprimands
- Current Psychology Board of Australia Approved Supervisor Status, with approval to supervise provisional psychologists during an accredited higher degree program.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accreditation standards to curriculum development and implementation.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $161,207 comprising base salary within the range of $121,325 to $137,784 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Lisa Foa, Head, School of Psychological Sciences, [email protected] or (03) 6226 2681.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Friday, 15 October 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description – Clinic Director Psychology.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.