Childcare | Diploma Educator | Queanbeyan | Full-time
Job Location: Southern Highlands & Tablelands
Employer: Montessori Academy
Established in 2000, Montessori Academy is Australia’s leading and largest provider of Montessori early childhood education for children under the age of six. Our vision is to provide our students with an early learning experience that prepares them, not only for school, but for life. With campuses across NSW/ACT, VIC and China, Montessori Academy provides excellent career development options, fantastic training and development programs, and a real opportunity to learn and grow. For us, excellence in education is a journey, and we’re with you every step of the way. For more information see: www.montessoriacademy.com.au
Our Queanbeyan Childcare Centre will showcase seven beautifully appointed Montessori classrooms and two dynamic outdoor play areas. Key features of the Montessori classrooms include flexible learning spaces, clearly defined Montessori Curriculum areas, and a full suite of Montessori Materials designed to meet the developmental needs and interests of each age group.
The role requires an experienced and qualified Early Childhood Educator to work as an active team member in providing high quality education and care. This is a great opportunity for early childhood professionals who are passionate about early childhood education and take Montessori Academy’s already outstanding educational program to the next level. In this role you will be expected to:
- develop strong relationships with children at the service
- develop the Children’s Program (reflecting Early Years Learning Framework guidelines)
- ensure a safe environment is maintained for staff and children
- implement the serviceâ€™s philosophy in undertaking all other duties
- liaise with families in regards to the day to day happenings.
- maintain observations and records of individual children’s progress
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or ACECQA equivalent)
- Current Working with Children Check
- First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain one
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of the National Quality Framework, which includes: National Regulations, National Quality Standards (NQS), and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong understanding of the importance of family communications
- Commitment to the holistic development of their class
- Montessori experience and training is preferred, but not essential – extensive training will be provided
What we offer
- On-site staff parking
- Fantastic training and development programs (ECT sponsorship, monthly in-house Montessori training etc.)
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Programming time
- Staff discounts (childcare fees, private health insurance, gym memberships and other goods and service from local businesses)
- Generous budgets for resources
- Supportive Management Team with a flat organisational structure
Think you have what it takes to join the Montessori Academy Team? We’d love to hear from you!
To apply now please click through to our application. Alternatively, contact Human Resources at [email protected].