Job Location: Northern QLD
Employer: ALS Life Sciences – Environmental
The Townsville Environmental Division is seeking a full time Chemist to become part of a team that strives to exceed client expectations by delivering quality results on time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysing environmental water samples using scientific instrumentation and chemistry analysis techniques
- Ensuring all activities are conducted in accordance with the Quality Procedures Manual
- Supervision and training of laboratory staff
- Prioritising daily workloads
- Operation and maintenance of instrumentation
- Reporting of results in accordance with Quality Work Instructions
- Ensuring compliance with the laboratoryâ€™s QC and HSE requirements
- Preparing standards for sample analysis
- Maintaining relevant documentation
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- At least 2 yearsâ€™ experience in a commercial laboratory
- Previous operating experience of instrumentation
- Successfully completed a Bachelor or Honours degree (Chemistry major preferred)
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Excel)
- A working knowledge of sample preparation techniques of Environmental samples
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- A working knowledge of lab safety requirements
- Demonstrated experience in a quality accredited environment
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- A keen interest in inorganic analysis
- Able to work on day and afternoon shift
We are specifically seeking an individual with well-developed communication, analytical and practical problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritise demanding workloads.
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $65,000 – $70,000 + superannuation, and is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated person to step up into a position where opportunities to further advance hands-on laboratory skills and technical knowledge abound.
Benefits & Culture
At ALS we believe that the people we employ are what makes ALS the great company it is today. We offer many benefits to staff, including and not limited to:
- Health fund discounts with Bupa.
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice car costs with Autopia.
- Corporate superannuation benefits with Sunsuper.
- Online learning system with extensive modules of choice.
- Friendly working environment with accessible management.
- Opportunities to progress and develop your career within ALS including global opportunities for suitable candidates.
We actively support a diverse workforce and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Looking for further details?
Applications covering relevant qualifications and any related experience will be treated with the strictest confidence, and should be submitted via the link above.
Applications close 17 December 2021