Chemical Engineer/Project Manager/Plant Manager
Job Location: Gladstone & Central QLD
Employer: Omega Chemicals
A once in a lifetime opportunity to secure a senior position with one of Australia’s leading chemical manufacturing companies.
Omega Chemicals is a long established family owned business which is a leader in the manufacture and supply of a wide range of water treatment and various industrial chemicals to the Australian market.
The company has been manufacturing and supplying a range of chemicals for over 50 years, it owns and operates 5 manufacturing sites along with warehouses and substantial internal transport and logistics infrastructure.
The company has a new project to build a new manufacturing plant to be located in Gladstone QLD. This new plant is in its initial stages and the company is looking for a mature minded Chemical Engineer who has hands on experienced in project management. The position will eventually lead to the role of plant Manager after the plant is completed.
The successful candidate will be specifically responsible for:
- Assisting in the overseeing in the construction of the new plant
- Assist in the engagement of trades and ensuring work is carried out in accordance with plant design
- Assist if required in Hazop studies and formulating on SOP’s
- Ensure all site visitors and contractors have been inducted to work
- Assist and participate in the hiring of new plant operators
- Commissioning of the new plant
- Laboratory in-process testing.
- Performing duties as per plant standard operating procedures.
- Receiving of raw materials.
- Performing and / or ensuring ongoing maintenance of plant.
- Assist in loading and unloading tankers.
- Other miscellaneous duties as requested by management.
The above position would also require some initial travelling to Melbourne for training where a current plant exists. Also meeting with management and design meetings would also be required.
This position is ideally suited to a person with a long term career view.
Past experience in the chemical manufacturing industry is essential.
An excellent starting salary and working conditions will be offered to the successful candidate in addition to extensive training.