Chef – Pastry & Ice Cream
Location: Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Role: Chef – Pastry and Ice Cream
We are currently seeking a Pastry and Ice Cream Chef with creativity and passion for all things pastry and gelato to join our team, based in Brighton, Victoria. The role will be responsible for developing delicious ice cream, sorbet and pastry to assist in taking our business to the next level.
The Pantry Group has been a Melbourne hospitality institution for the past 27 years, operating a multifaceted operation in the heart of Brighton, Victoria. The Pantry Group employs over 100 team members and consists of the below operations/outlets;
- The Pantry Dining Room: A premium restaurant that seats over 150 guests.
- The Royale Brothers: An American-style burger and homemade ice-cream take-away outlet.
- Hiro Sushi: A modern Japanese dine-in and take-away restaurant.
- Pacco Pizzeria, Bakery and Deli: A European style pizzeria, bakery and deli.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Menu preparation with full financial accountability.
- Work to food and labour budgets.
- Developing and maintaining operational standards.
- Manage ordering, par levels and stock rotation processes.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Maintain safe hygiene practices.
The ideal applicant will possess the following:
- Cool under pressure and excited by a fast and challenging environment.
- A service professional who is passionate about food and the financial management of the kitchen.
- An established and experienced pastry chef with ice cream making experience.
- Ambitious and keen to make your mark.
- A real people person who can influence, persuade and lead from the front.
- Phenomenal attention to detail, ensuring the highest quality of desserts is produced, consistently.
- Previous experience and involvement with menu creation and food development.
- As understanding of the importance of working within a team environment.
- Holds the appropriate qualifications to perform the role of Ice Cream and Pastry Chef.
- Available to work between 40-45 hours per week (full time employment).
- Fully flexible and available to work a variety of hours and days throughout a 7-day week (between the hours of 06:00am to 6:00pm). 2 rostered days off per week.
- Full working rights in Australia.
Benefits of the role:
- Competitive remuneration.
- Predominantly day shifts.
- Fantastic career development, growth and company benefits.
- The opportunity to work for a very established brand across a multifaceted operation.
- An organisational commitment to work/life balance.
- Generous team discounts across all outlets.
If you are interested in a career with us, then we would love to hear from you!
Please visit our website to learn more about us.