Chef de Partie
Job Location: Sydney North Shore & Northern Beaches
Employer: Q Station Sydney Harbour National Park
Q Station Hotel offers a range of incredible guest experiences, from boutique hotel accommodation, stunning wedding venues, modern conference facilities, a waterfront restaurant, as well as Sydney’s best ghost and history tours.
We have opportunities for talented Chef’s looking to take the next step in their career.
Reporting to the Executive Chef these roles would be suitable for energetic chefs who want to contribute something unique to our multi-outlet venue, with chefs needed in our events, banqueting and waterfront restaurant kitchens.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and service of food
- Monitor the quality of the product served, ensuring that high standards are maintained
- Display exemplary leadership and passion for cuisine
- Assist the Executive Chef in planning, preparing and developing menus
- Attend management meetings and keep communications between kitchen departments and Hotel operations updated.
- Effective management and communication with a diverse team
- Rostering and ordering experience
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and staff
- Genuine interest in the day-to-day operations of the business
- Time management during preparation and service periods
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience as a Chef de Partie a high-volume restaurant or venue
- You are highly organised and able to work under pressure
- You demonstrate a clear understanding of culinary trends and customer needs
- An understanding of cost and waste management of all foods
- Proven experience working in kitchens through fast-paced service periods
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of personal integrity
- You can organise effectively, solve problems on the run and communicate clearly
- A capable contributor with good attention to detail
- You bring a positive approach to your work a have a calm and composed demeanor
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, and public holidays
What we offer:
Join our extraordinary group and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and be a valued member of a passionate team. You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing.
- Ongoing career progression opportunities
- 50% off all staff meals
- Free onsite car parking
- A beautiful work environment on the edge of Sydney Harbour with private access to Quarantine Beach
- Discounts on accommodation, food & beverage, flights, car hire and more!
- Accor Staff Benefits Globally
Essential Certifications and Requirements
- First Aid (preferred)
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia are essential to be considered for this role
- Vaccinated against Covid-19
- Australian Food Safety Certificate
If you are interested in this role, apply now, and send an updated resume! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.