Chef de Partie
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Mt Erica Group Pty Ltd
$50,000 – $64,999
Mount Erica Hotel Salary Package: $55,000 to $65,000 plus superannuation
The Mount Erica Hotel in Prahran (VIC) is currently recruiting a Chef de Partie, Victoria for a permanent full-time role At Mount Erica Hotel we offer relaxed dining with all the pub classics and seasonal menu.
We are a busy corner pub with indoor and outdoor dining/function spaces and stylish design. As a Chef de Partie you will be in control, manage be responsible for the function of your section of the kitchen.
We are looking for an individual with at least the following:
Relevant qualifications PLUS at least 2 years of experience OR minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
Your daily duties and responsibilities will include:
- Running your own section while ensuring that service is smooth and assisting other sections if they require help Preparing, cooking and presenting variety of high quality food dishes using variety of cooking techniques
- Assisting senior chefs in developing new dishes and menus Leading junior kitchen staff and delegating duties and responsibilities and giving directions
- Training junior kitchen staff Liaising with other staff regarding the availability of menu items, daily specials, and any relevant changes
- Assisting with stock rotation and ensuring adequate supplies are available for expected service Monitoring portions and controlling waste Ensuring high standards of food hygiene Implementing and maintaining stock control procedures
- Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensuring all equipment is maintained, serviced, and cleaned to WHS standards
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- Responsible, punctual and organised
- Have high standards Be able to work under pressure
- Understand various cooking methods ingredients, equipment and procedures
The successful applicant must be able to work in a high volume environment producing food at a high standard. In return you will be well remunerated have a good work life balance.
There is parking and public transport at the front door.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter, work references or contact details of referees.