Location: Horsham & Grampians
Company: Darcy’s Bar and Stonegrill
$60,000 – $64,999
Position: Head Chef (weekly working from Wednesday to Saturday + conferences and tour groups with any days)
Remuneration: Salaried position $60K – $65K + superannuation.
Country Plaza Halls Gap is a 51-room Motel and conference/function venue situated in Halls Gap, Victoria – the heart of the Grampians National Park. The complex includes Darcy’s Bar & Grill, a 105-seat a la carte restaurant open for dinner Wed-Sat, and The Cedar Room, a 270-seat function space.
What we can offer you:
- Near-complete autonomy – the menu and concept will be yours to own, so come with some GREAT ideas and let’s give them a run!
- Live and Work in the pristine Grampians National Park – hiking, fishing, and camping all at your doorstep.
- If required, motel accommodation for the duration of working available.
- All meals whilst on shift.
- Work closely with a receptive Owner/Manager team and a tremendous Conference/Functions Co-ordinator.
What you will bring:
- Experience in menu design and costing, including the design and production of standard recipes.
- Demonstrated experience in ordering of stock based on levels of expected business.
- Food Safety Supervisor Skillset HLTSS00061 (or equivalent).
- Sound knowledge of HACCP/OHS principles.
- Minimum Certificate III Commercial Cookery (Cert IV highly regarded).
- Good knowledge of industry trends.
- Experience in recruiting is not essential, but will be well regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in designing menus, ordering stock, and preparing for group menus highly regarded.
Your application should include three professional references and examples of any menus you have designed, or helped to design (all documents PDF only, please).