Casual Wait Staff – Events & Banquets
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Hyatt Centric Melbourne
About Hyatt Centric Melbourne:
Hyatt Centric Melbourne will be positioned as a cosmopolitan hotel in a central city location, where stories of exploration and discovery are created in an ever-evolving digital world.
The hotel will be active in the local community, embracing and supporting local businesses and creating unique stories around the hotel’s services, facilities, and offerings.
Hyatt Centric Melbourne will be the home for dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic team catering for the curious traveller, whether in Melbourne on business or leisure.
This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of Melbourneâ€™s newest five star hotel, opening in December 2021, and the only Hyatt Centric in Australia.
As the Events Service Attendant, you will attend to our event clients, customers & guests attending special occasions within the hotel. You will be a part of the service team that will interact with our guests, serve food and beverages to them and ensure their event is successful and our guests feel dazzled by your customer service.
Working in a team, you will support the Events Service Manager in playing a key role in th day to day operations of the business as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
We are looking for Food & Beverage professional who is curious minded, energetic, passionate, is connected to the latest and newest this sounds like you we want to hear from you! offerings in Melbourne, and someone who loves researching to find new opportunities. If
Whatâ€™s in it for you?
Centric is a new brand to the Hyatt chain. It’s a lifestyle hotel all about flexibility, fun, exploring and being un-scripted. Our culture reflects this in; flexible attire – no boring uniforms, you will be in fashion pieces designed from a local Melbourne fashion house. Want to get a work out in before or after your shift? Be our guest! We’ll also provide you with discounted accommodation at our properties world wide from the day you start.
What will your typical workday look like?
- Meeting and greetings guests arriving and departing the functions / meetings
- Assist with the set-up of functions and meeting spaces while adhering to the safe manual handling practices
- Provide personalized service on a large scale operation
- Ensure the delivery of brand promise and provide exceptional guest services at all times
- Serving food and beverage to guests according to established sequence of service and procedures
- Maintain constant communication with the Kitchens team and Sales & Marketing team
- Previous Food & Beverage experience in hotel environment or similar fast-paced environment
- A valid and current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate for Victoria
- Fantastic interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Amazing customer service skills along with the capability of working both autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to create a positive first impression
- The flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays
Hyatt Centric employees enjoy, but are not limited to;
- In house training programs and initiatives
- Flexible work; attire, hours, leave and location
- Investment in your career development through training, opportunities and mentor-ship
- Discounted and complimentary accommodation across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- Complimentary laundry
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt