Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Organization: Captain Cook Cruises3.6•20 reviews
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink (Captain Cook Cruises) is searching for motivated and experienced Cooks to join their crew.
Have a background in the tourism/ hospitality industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
Enjoy working in a fast-paced team?
Ready to work through a busy summer season on the harbour?
We encourage you to apply!
Captain Cook Cruises, operates a modern fleet of vessels on Sydney Harbour and is Australia’s leading and most experienced cruise operator.
About the role
Working with the guidance of a senior chef, you will provide exceptional guest experiences. You will also ensure that all food preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are carried out according to established recipes and departmental policies and procedures. Maintain strict hygiene and safety procedures.
- Proven strong guest/ customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organisation and planning
- Ability to perform autonomously
- Flexibility and reliability
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Attention to detail in preparation & food presentation
- Available to work weekends, nights and public holidays
These key requirements will be complimented by qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- Minimum of 1 year hotel, restaurant or cruise ship experience – Essential
- Certificate Qualification in Hospitality – Desirable
- Food Safety Certificate – Desirable
- Experience in working in a fast-paced team – Essential
- Guest service experience – Essential
- Experience in food provision services – Essential
- Experience in the Tourism and or Hospitality Industry – Desirable
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications for this position close 5pm 5 November 2021
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Darling Harbour 2000 NSW