Care Team Leader – South Hedland
Location: Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
Company: Silver Chain
Care Team Leader
- Attractive salary packaging options – up to $15,899 tax free
- Full-time permanent position
- Nationally accredited Health Care Provider
We have an exciting opportunity for a Care Team Leader to join our team in South Hedland on a full-time basis. Whilst reporting directly to the Community Manager, you will support and mentor direct care staff to provide quality care to clients/carers within the Community.
- Lead and manage employees to ensure best practice is followed and compliant with required policies and procedures.
- Manage and document employee performance issues.
- Lead and promote safe work culture to reduce safety incidents and loss time injury.
- Maintain inclusive and effective communication with the team to ensure employees are aware of pertinent information
- Ensure new employees have been provided with adequate knowledge of their role and responsibilities
- Manage and authorise weekly/fortnightly timesheets
- Respond to employee and client queries to ensure consistent and effective outcomes for the service delivery
- Allocate suitable resources and implement support plans to ensure quality care is delivered
- Document, report and action hazards and incidents to ensure safe work procedures are followed
- Ensure the integrity of client documents and reports are correct, maintained and delivered
The ideal candidate will have a strong background within the Aged Care Industry. In addition to this, candidates will be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and attributes:
- An understanding of health care within a community environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team to achieve outcomes.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships, promote services and resolve client/staff issues.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills to innovatively manage the provision of service delivery.
- A demonstrated empathetic and flexible approach to manage the sensitivities of client and employee issues.
- Time management and organisational skills to effectively plan and prioritise work tasks.
- Knowledge of service provision, allocation and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Knowledge of manual handling principles with the ability to train others.
- A Health Qualification or Certificate III in Community Support Services in order to participate in and demonstrate personal care.
Under the Aged Care act 1997, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
- Salary packaging of up to $15,899
- Smart phone provided to perform your work
- Health Care benefits
- Social Club – discounted tickets for movies, the zoo and more (dependant on location)
How to apply
To submit your application, and to view a copy of the Position Description, click ‘Apply’
Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted.
About Silver Chain
Silver Chain is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit health and community care providers, and helps almost 65,000 people confidently live the lives they choose every year. With a reputation for innovation and leadership that’s been built over 120 years, Silver Chain is set for an exciting future – and we’d like you to be a part of it.
At Silver Chain Group, we recognise the positive contribution that a diverse workforce makes to our organisation and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Applications Close: 30/09/2021 12:00:00 AM