Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Company: Vic’s Premium Quality Meat
About the business
Vic’s Meat is the leading wholesale meat provider in Australia, supplying Australia’s leading restaurants with premium meat. Vic’s also has a very proud history in the retail sector as the owner of Victor Churchill. Most recently Vic’s has established itself as a successful e-commerce platform which is consistently seeking to improve and innovate with both products and services offered to it’s customers.
About the role
The Butcher is to cut and prepare Vic’s Premium Quality Meat products to the highest standard.
This is a full time role based in Mascot, with untimed street parking available. Flexible to make it casual or part time for the right candidate.
Duties & responsibilities
- Methodically and accurately breaking, cutting and portioning of meat as indicated on daily work sheets or as directed by senior butchering staff or management.
- Make Vic’s Meat products such as sausages and burgers.
- Daily assessment of stock, particularly insofar as stock levels and stock aging is concerned so as to mitigate carry forwards and wastage respectively.
- Communicating any meat quality or specification issues to senior staff or management.
- Completing all jobs in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- To assist in daily and ongoing cleaning and maintenance of the factory, and to assist other butchering colleagues in the general cleaning and closing the factory at the end of the day.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
Skills & experience
- Certificate III in Meat Processing or equivalent
- Physically fit and strong
- The culture is team focussed and supportive.
- Monday – Sunday rotating roster, 2am to 1pm.
- Untimed street parking available.
- Staff discount.
How to Apply
Click the Apply button. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
You have to have the Right to Live and Work in Australia without limitations.
Vic’s Meat is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability and other legally protected characteristics.