Business Support Officer
Job Location: Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Kingston City Council
$66,761 – $71,478 per annum pro rata plus Super
Permanent Part Time
- Support the Kingston Information Support & Strategy team to have oversight of administrative functions, processes and procedures
- Be part of a high performing team
- Part time permanent position â€“ 3 Days per Week
- Flexible working options available – Cheltenham Office and Work From Home
- Band 4, $66,763 – $71,478 pro rata plus Superannuation
Kingston Councilâ€™s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne’s CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children’s services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
The Information Services & Strategy department, comprising the Business Applications, Corporate Information and ICT Operations teams, is a dynamic and fast paced department servicing all Councils information technology and management needs.
We are seeking a Business Support Officer to join the Information Services & Strategy department. Reporting to the IS&S Manager, your role is to:
- Work one day per week with the Coroprate Information team
- Provide pro-active administrative support to the manager and team, including meeting & minutes management, procurement and financial processes & communication & correspondence within the team
- Maintain accurate electronic records and assist with process documentation
- Process and register inwards correspondence
- Ensure a customer-focussed service is provided to all internal and external stakeholders
We are looking for someone with:
- Customer services skills such as handling and responding to enquiries
- The ability to plan and prioritise work activities to meet team objectives.
- The ability to foster cooperation and assistance in working relationships with other staff.
- Completion of training or qualification in administration, or previous administration experience
- Experience in managing basic financial procedures and purchasing services administration
- Preferably experience in information/records management including the registration and classification of records into an electronic system.
What we can offer
This is a permanent part time (0.6 FTE) position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, abilities and attitude to take on this position click on the Apply button to submit your application. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Chris Vincent, Team Leader Corporate Information on 0439 429 137.
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.
To be considered for the role all applications must be submitted via our Careers recruitment portal.
City of Kingston Council have aligned ourselves with the Chief Health Officerâ€™s COVID â€“ 19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions (No 5) and subsequent COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions (No. 7) and as such require vaccinations for all workers.
Enquiries: Chris Vincent
Ph: 0439 429 137
Applications Close: 07/12/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.