Business Director | Team Leader (remote working possible)
Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Company: InSites Consulting
InSites Consulting empower people to shape the sustainable future of brands. If you have the same desire to make a positive difference, come and join us!
InSites Consulting is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, regardless of age, ancestry, citizenship, disability status, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, marital status, neurodiversity, political creed, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
WHO ARE INSITES CONSULTING?
Founded in 1997, InSites Consulting was the pioneer of digital market research. Today, we have over 600 members of staff in 18 offices and 8 partner hubs across 6 continents, however we have not lost our pioneering spirit, rated globally in the top 50 most innovative agencies. Our portfolio of over 300 clients includes many of the globe’s largest consumer brands.
Our success is based on our amazing team using our state-of-the-art technology to empower consumers and brands to better connect and collaborate.
We believe the best work comes from happy people. Here are just a few of the professional and personal perks you’ll experience at InSites Consulting.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are a culturally diverse business, committed to supporting even more diversity and inclusivity, giving everyone a voice. We welcome applications from anyone that feels they have the necessary skills & experience, and can bring something different to the team.
Hybrid working culture
We embrace flexible working and give our people the personal freedom to work between our central offices and their home. Where and when people work is a joint decision with the focus on what’s needed to do a great job rather than where you are and strict working hours.
We encourage our people to take active part in discussions and ideas on the future of our organization. Our annual global congress, annual employee survey, quarterly on-track survey & weekly happiness barometers…; it all gives our people a channel to express themselves.
We manage one organization from a strong global vision co-created with local strength. Our ‘forward’ values are what unites us, whilst our strong local teams empower and shape their future through their strong connections and client relationships.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE LOOK LIKE?
As a Business Director in our Sydney office, you lead a team of enthusiastic marketers and researchers that are determined to bring the voice of consumers into the heart of our clients’ businesses. Our Sydney office is an award-winning team and a strategic partner for top tier clients in finance, FMCG and the liquor categories (amongst others). This is a senior leadership role and has significant visibility within the organisation and with core clients.
You will be responsible for developing a sales plan to pursue business and identify promising prospects from contacts, networking, industry directories, conferences, publications and work with the team to translate these into commercial opportunities. Being close to the client and their challenges, you demonstrate the added value that InSites Consulting can bring to their business. At all times, you lead by example by exceeding client expectations and delivering a first-class service.
Thanks to your in-depth industry expertise, you are able to build long-term partnerships with your client, providing them with actionable and advanced marketing recommendations which leverage their business and have an impact on their decision making. You develop those insights within a wide range of marketing (research) domains such as conversation management, brand management, customer experience, marketing insights and innovation.
As a team leader, you share your marketing (research) expertise with your colleagues. In particular, you will tap into your extensive background as a qualitative leader to guide the broader team. You act as a source of inspiration and actively develop and support internal knowledge transfer. Moreover, you apply your coaching skills to motivate and guide project teams.
- Identifying business opportunities and new customers, estimating potential and prioritising activities vs. opportunities
- Contribute to the success of the team by providing an outstanding client experience to retain long-lasting client relationships
- Grow consultative relationships with our clients
- Lead Client Services teams to maintain high client satisfaction through strategic consultation and the delivery of research projects
- Developing and delivering bespoke proposals to customers
- Responsible for the complete set-up, organisation and execution of market research studies
- Have a keen eye on the commercials of the team you lead, ensuring the team perform together to hit commercial targets
- Developing insightful reports based on the analysis by the research consultants and on different (combined) research techniques such as discussions, surveys and observations
- Presenting recommendations to customers and animating creative client workshops where, together with the client team, you transform insights and recommendations into a concrete action plan
- Ensure the satisfaction and retention of our clients by delivering insights and solutions to business-critical issues
WHO WOULD BEST SUIT THIS?
We view this section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list!
- We are looking for a colleague with 10+ years experience in the market research industry and a background in qualitative research.
- A natural ability to grow accounts and attract new business – you’re a relationship builder and have built a network in the Australian market
- You have an entrepreneurial and market-driven spirit with strategic vision and focus
- You will have the right to work in Australia (we are unable to offer visa sponsorship with this role).
- You must enjoy coaching the team on performance and professional development, and promoting a positive work experience.
- Remains hands on designing and executing highly consultative projects or proposals
- Experience and comfort with senior client stakeholders – you will be directly managing key senior client relationships and working closely with them on a daily basis
- You are a not a lone wolf and thrive in local and global collaboration, but on the flip side, you are a self-starter and motivate yourself and others when the time calls.
- You uncover where you could provide further benefits to your clients and offer suggestions for further work.
- You enjoy working with different clients and understand the flexibility to manage the ups and downs of clients varying needs.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU?
Next to our strong team culture, the job comes with some other remarkable perks:
- Competitive salary
- Mobile phone allowance
- Bonus plan based on team performance
- Additional 8 days leave per year (in addition to your statuary annual leave)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible work from home or the office environment
- Regular company team building and social events
- Great CBD office location close to transport and green space
- End of trip facilities
We also give you:
- Your own development coach
- Access to the InSites training academy
- Global company business conferences
- Charity day
Let’s take your career forward!