Business Development Manager – STEEL
Location: Sydney Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Our client, based in the western suburbs (34km west of the CBD) , is a leading privately-owned steel distribution and processing company operating on the eastern seaboard of Australia and New Zealand. The company specialises in steel distribution and processing of steel coil, plate and long products.
They are in a unique position to be going through significant growth, hence there is now an opportunity for a talented & experienced Business Development Manager with sales/account management experience in steel or an associated commodity to join this well-respected Australian company.
The successful candidate will possess drive and tenacity for increasing sales and profit margins and manage relationships and grow a portfolio of existing business. You will have a background in technical/industrial sales with experience in B2B or a related area where your commercial acumen & creative flair has ensured your proven successes. This person will be a results-driven sales professional, who works well within a team environment and has the capabilities to solution sell and value add.
The ideal candidate will be able to appropriately identify the needs of both new and current customers to aid customers in buying/using their product. This will be achieved by developing an appropriate level of communication with clients and internal team members to better understand and mitigate any issues the customers may face.
- Work cross functionally within the company to communicate with all stakeholders to achieve customers’ success
- Work closely with the National Manager Steel to continue to grow revenue/market share & identify geographical & segment opportunities to drive profitability
- Maintain relationships with existing customers to better understand and achieve their needs
- Formulate/develop tactical plans for NBD for targeted sales & growth strategies
- Previous B2B technical BDM/sales/account management experience within industrial commodities – steel experience highly sought after
- Tonnage/margin management experience mandatory
- A relevant diploma/degree in business/commerce or related field desirable
- Proven success in building strong relationships and exercising persuasive/influencing skills
- High level of commercial acumen with focus on financial accountability
The salary package on offer will comprise above market average base salary with super, company car and bonus based on KPIs.
Initial interviews will be conducted online during the Covid lockdown in NSW and final face to face interviews are scheduled for w/c Oct 18 at this stage.
So if you are looking to join a company who is on a serious growth trajectory and be part of a great team environment, please send your CV and cover letter to:
or call Laurie Brighton on 0412 288204
Personal information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment related purposes only and will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants receiving no response within one month of submission may consider their application unsuccessful.