Business Development Manager
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
$75,000 – $89,999 base plus uncapped commission
About the role
You will lead the charge and take full ownership of your sales territory in the Inner-Sydney suburbs by building relationships with real estate offices at a business owner and agent level, to persuade them to increase their advertising presence on Homely’s award-winning property website and app.
Day-to-day you will utilise your proven business development skills to get in front of real estate offices to pitch strategic partnerships, educate agents on Homely’s unique industry offering, grow revenues and after securing their business look after their account management needs.
You’ll naturally be able to sniff out and hunt a deal independently, whilst still working closely with the passionate team all across the country to solve problems and to grow our customer base.
What you will be doing
- Prospect for new business by leveraging existing industry contacts and or by cold calling
- Approach agencies in your territory to pitch Homelyâ€™s unique industry offering
- Present our online advertising solutions to real estate professionals and business owners
- Build revenues by signing up real estate offices to our affordable advertising products
- Onboard real estate offices by presenting to agents and running group training sessions
- Nurture relationships with customers and look after their account management needs
- Represent Homely at real estate industry events and network with potential customers
- Work alongside the national sales team to solve problems and grow our customer base
Skills and experience:
- 4+ years of solid B2B business development and sales experience (must have)
- Experience pitching and selling advertising, software or SaaS products to customers face to face (highly regarded)
- Previous experience working within the real estate industry, at a property portal or at a business selling to real estate agents (highly regarded)
- Confidence in cold calling & success in booking face to face meetings over the phone
- A natural sales hunter who isn’t afraid to ask for the business and get the deal done
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) along with solid presentation skills
- Proven administration & CRM management experience
- Can demonstrate a track record of consistently hitting and exceeding sales KPIs
- Most importantly is coachable, boasts a â€˜can-do attitudeâ€™ & enthusiasm!
Benefits and perks
- On offer is a potentially career-defining sales role with a company that is shaping the future of the online real estate industry in Australia. Further to that, you will receive:
- Uncapped earning potential with generous commissions being paid on the signing of new customers
- Laptop provided and receive a phone allowance along with other tools to fuel success
- Bonus incentive trips and other perks awarded to high performers
- Work in a fun and fast-paced team environment that’s also casual and inclusive
- Flexible working arrangements and independence to run your territory as your own business unit
- The opportunity to shape one of the most exciting real estate brands in Australia!
About Homely Group
Homely.com.au is a real estate search portal that helps millions of Australians each year to find their next home. Homely.com.au features over 90% of all real estate listings in Australia combined with incredibly unique neighbourhood content. Consumers can engage with street, suburb and agent reviews, a local Q&A community, school data and other tools to help them find the perfect place to live.
Homely.com.au has been internationally recognised numerous times as one the top real estate portals in the world by the Webby Awards, most notably in 2017 for their mobile app. With an extreme focus on user experience and product design, Homely.com.au continues to push the product boundaries of real estate search in Australia.
*Recruiters take note that we will be filling this role internally and we ask you please to not reach out.