Business Development Executive
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Australian Grand Prix Corporation
Permanent, Full Time role
The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1Â® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix in Phillip Island. We are internationally recognised and respected leaders in motorsport. We are excited that our Formula 1Â® is now confirmed as the 10th of April 2022 as is our MotoGP event for October 2022.
Our people at AGPC are a group of passionate and talented people who work hard year-round to make these events possible. We have different specialist departments working towards a clear common goal – providing Melbourne and Victoria with world-class international events.
At AGPC, we live in the fast lane and enjoy working on the best of sport, events and entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded by unique experiences as well as a high-performing team of innovators, and we need one more.
We are excited to announce due to an internal promotion that we are looking for a Business Development Executive to join our highly motivated, talented and driven Sales and Commercial team.
What you’ll need:
To succeed in this role, you will be a passionate, motivated, engaging and strategic sales professional with at least 3 years of previous sales experience.
- Experience engaging and reaching key decision makers throughout corporate Australia is essential.
- Your experience tailoring opportunities incorporating a diverse mix of products and benefits including hospitality, sponsorship, digital advertising and content to deliver value for B2B partnerships will be beneficial.
- You will present and communicate with confidence, to a level befitting our premium, world-class brands.
- You are a team player who contributes to the success of the broader business, while equally comfortable working autonomously to get the job done.
- A background in the sporting/events sponsorship space is advantageous.
You will possess a hunter mentality and passion for continually unlocking new business opportunities, as a result of a structured and proactive approach to lead generation and conversion, involving:
- Cold calling and outbound sales prospecting
- Face-to-face presenting and selling
- Creation of tailored, compelling proposals
- Corporate networking
- Active promotion of the AGPC and its endeavours
In undertaking these functions, these roles are part of a wider team expected to act as ambassadors for the Corporation, its events and products; and in doing so, set the benchmark in terms of aligning with the organisation’s values of iiQCAT – integrity, innovation, quality, customer, accountability and teamwork.
A bonus and incentive program will reward high achieving sales performers who demonstrate a driven, entrepreneurial approach to business development.
To view the full position description please click here.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you today. Applications close on 8th December 2022.
AGPC embraces flexible work arrangements and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.
Under the CHOâ€™s direction, AGPC is required to ensure an employees’ vaccination status is either fully vaccinated or an excepted person. For further information please visit https://www.health.vic.gov.au/covid-19/directions-issued-by-victorias-chief-health-officer.