Business Analyst – eCom B2C
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
About the position
eCom B2C is Woolworthsâ€™ online offering to our customers, and our mission is to provide shoppers with an incredible online experience every time they shop with Woolworths. We have experienced unprecedented growth over the last 18 months and now have an opportunity within the team for an experienced business analyst to contribute to the strategic direction of this exciting area of Woolworths. The purpose of this role is to offer commercial support to the eCommerce B2C team through the analysis of business performance, forecasting of future business activity and identifying opportunities to drive improved EBIT performance for the eCommerce business.
- Finance related degree and/or working towards a Professional Qualification (CA/CPA or equivalent)
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a commercial or operational analyst role with experience in business partnering, forecasting and budgeting
- SQL experience (GCP preferable)
- Logical and analytical thinker who enjoys problem solving
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally to achieve business outcomes
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills to manage business relationships with stakeholders
- Proven ability to manipulate large sets of data and conduct analyses which are simple, structured, accurate and robust, in order to provide useful insights
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines through sound judgement
- Able to work autonomously in an ambiguous environment
- Advanced Excel experience and financial modelling skills
- Experience with SAP, SAP BW and Google programs (desirable)
- Experience in the retail or FMCG sector (desirable)
Roles and responsibilities
- Partner with the eCommerce B2C team, through the provision of financial analysis, business support, and insight on P&L results
- Play a lead role in forecasting by partnering with the business team to clearly articulate projected business performance
- Play a key role in the strategic planning process, leveraging close relationship with business partners to set performance targets across the business
- Provide detailed commercial insight and business support via value-add analytics to improve business performance of the B2C eCommerce business, with a particular focus on optimising performance from Sales through to Gross Profit
- Be the key finance support and contact in the development of business cases, preparation of post review analysis and benefits tracking. Provide recommendations and insight on results
- Work across finance teams, both within Online and the wider Group Function in designing best practice commercial processes and adopting a continuous improvement mindset
- Provide support to squads and project teams through tracking and reporting benefits
- Ensure month end process is executed correctly for an accurate and timely close
- Embrace the agile culture, showing a willingness to work across functions and develop new business practices
What youâ€™ll gain
- Lead exciting business initiatives that will deliver meaningful change for our customers
- Partner with senior stakeholders and develop your commercial acumen
- Develop an intimate understanding of eCommerce Retail and how it is changing the way we live
- An opportunity to work in an agile environment as part of WooliesX 2.0 Ways of Working
Grow with the Group
Woolworths Group has announced its intention to introduce a new requirement for Australian team members to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information click here [link removed].
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we’re all about creating better experiences â€“ for our customers and for each other.
Weâ€™d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn [link removed] or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.