Job Location: Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast
Employer: Cheetham Salt Limited
- Exciting Opportunity to join an industry leader
- Competitive Salary
- Full Time
Cheetham Salt prides itself in offering value added Australian solar salt products and is proud to play an integral role in Australian manufacturing. As Australia’s largest producer and refiner of solar salt, Cheetham Salt offers reliable salt products to a broad range of industries including the industrial, food, stockfeed, hide and pool sectors.
Our Bajool Operations is currently seeking a Brine Operator/Supervisor to join our dynamic Production team. Bajool and Port Alma are about 40km south of Rockhampton
Reporting to the Production Coordinator you will perform all duties and be responsible for:
- Maintaining safe work practices, actively participate in safety audits, investigations and other site safety initiatives. You will also assist with writing Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
- Brine Flow Control reporting and operations
- Draining/refilling crystallizers – gate operation
- Pre-Harvest crystallizer opening
- Basic maintenance of brine gates and pipes
- SG Testing and Brine release testing
- Computer log/Data entry
- Housekeeping and Cleaning Duties
- Available to work overtime and weekend rosters
- Proven track record of safe operation in an industrial environment
- Proven ability to learn and work to identified aims
- Competent in completing all associated paperwork
- Problem solving/analytical with a depth of attention to detail
- First aid certificate desirable
- A positive attitude, and a strong commitment to team building and success of the organisation.
- A desire and willingness to undertake training to gain necessary skills.
- Able to effectively comprehend written/verbal instructions and basic computer skills.
- Understanding of Employer Quality and Safety programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Irrigation and pumping experience advantageous
What’s on offer
- Competitive Salary and Company benefits
- Work life balance
- Supportive team and Management
If this is you, please click ‘apply fo this job’ and provide both your resume and cover letter. Upon receipt of your application you will receive an email with our pre-screening questions. (Please ensure you check your junk email). Only applicants with unrestricted rights to work in Australia will be considered. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol testing and background checks including police check as part of our process.
*Recruitment agencies: please do not refer candidates to us either by phone or email, as we have chosen to manage the process ourselves.
- Applications close on 10 December 2021