Biomedical Technician Senior
Job Location: Toowoomba & Darling Downs
Employer: Health Support Queensland
Department of Health â€“ Why work for us?
The Department of Health has a diverse set of responsibilities, and a common purpose of creating better health care for Queenslanders. The department is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We strongly believe in the need to work with people that value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace.
To enable this vision, the Queensland Public Sector is transforming from a focus on compliance to a values-led way of working. The following five values underpin behaviours that will support and enable better ways of working and result in better outcomes for Queenslanders.
- Customers First
- Ideas into action
- Unleash potential
- Be courageous
- Empower people
What is on offer:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Annual leave loading 17.5%
- Salary packaging
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Employee Assistance Program
- Job Security (for permanent appointments only)
- Professional Development allowance
- Professional Development leave
What we are looking for:
- Proven advanced level of knowledge, expertise and skill in the maintenance, installation and technical support of health technology equipment and systems.
- Proven ability to apply independent judgment and initiative to effectively plan, execute and coordinate technical service delivery with minimal guidance from more senior practitioners.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including clinical staff, equipment suppliers, service providers, team members and managers.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member to achieve organisational goals.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of quality management and continuous quality improvement.
How to apply:
Please provide the following information to the panel to assess your suitability:
- Your resume, including the names and contact details of two referees who have a thorough knowledge of your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years, and it is preferable to include your current, immediate or past supervisor.
- A short statement (maximum two pages)that gives details of your skills, experience and knowledge as required on the role description under the headingâ€˜key competencies (role specific criteria)’.