Job Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Employer: The Catholic Diocese of Maitland- Newcastle
Join Us and Make a Difference to the Community
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle serves the Hunter and Manning regions, which have a population of some 150,000 Catholics. Through its parishes, pastoral groups, and its agencies of Catholic Schools, Catholic Care, St Nicholas Early Education and others, the diocese provides pastoral, educational, social, and community development. As one of the largest employers in the Hunter region, the Diocese employs more than 4000 staff.
St Nicholas Early Education have 11 centres and St Nicholas OOSH have 29 services in operation across the Hunter, Newcastle and Mid Coast regions.
As the Billing Officer you will support these centres by:
- Providing sound operational support in the management of the childcare management software including data creation, such as setting up new familiesâ€™ information and accounts.
- Processing direct debits, enrolments, bookings and fees.
- Have an understanding of compliance with the CCS (Child Care Subsidy).
- Report writing and creation.
Why Join us?
As an employee of the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastleâ€™s Finance Team, you will have access to a range of benefits, including:
- An attractive salary.
- Fantastic ongoing development opportunities.
- A great friendly team environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers.
- Discounted gym membership, Fitness Passport.
- Our Flu injection program.
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference in the Maitland-Newcastle Community.
This position is being offered on a maximum term full-time basis until December 2022.
To be considered for the position please individually address each of the Selection Criterion below.
- Relevant clerical and administrative qualifications and/or extensive experience in Child Care accounting.
- Demonstrated experience in the childcare management software QIkKids and Xplor.
- Current Driver’s licence.
- Understanding of compliance expectations for childcare subsidy.
- Prior experience and knowledge in a childcare environment.
- Possess exceptional communication skills.
- Have the ability to act with tact and discretion whilst maintaining high standards of confidentiality.
- Current Working With Children Check for paid employment or willingness to obtain.
For more information about the position please refer to the attached position description by visiting our website at https://www.mn.catholic.org.au/about/careers/positions-vacant/billing-officer-1/ or you can contact the Finance Business Partner â€“ St Nicholas, Megan Thornton on 4979 1120.
If you believe that you have what it takes, then we are excited to welcome you to apply!
To apply, please hit the apply button now!
To be considered for the position please provide a copy of your current resume and a cover letter individually answering each of the questions from the Essential Criteria.
**Please note, that by not addressing the selection criteria, this may affect your application and you may not be shortlisted.**
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child-related employment including the completion of a National Police Check, retention of a valid Working with Children Check and adoption and compliance with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle and St Nicholas Early Education promotes the safety and wellbeing of children from culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds and encourages applications from people from culturally or linguistically diverse background.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle and St Nicholas Early Education promotes the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Applications close 11.59pm on Friday, 10 December 2021.