Barista & Coffee Enthusiast
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Hyatt Centric Melbourne
About Allie Lane
Allie Lane will be positioned as a cosmopolitan hotel cafÃ© in a central city location, where stories of exploration and discovery are created in an ever-evolving digital world.
Allie Lane is our lobby cafÃ© and the perfect place to grab your coffee and pastry (or two) at the start of your day or to hit that afternoon slump. With state of the art, coffee machines and located in the heart of Melbourne CBD this cafÃ© is dedicated to all things Melbourne.
It will be the home for dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic team catering for the curious traveller, whether in Melbourne on business or leisure.
Allie Lane is our lobby cafÃ© and the perfect place to grab your coffee and pastry, or twoâ€¦ at he start of your day or to hit that afternoon slump. In the evenings, it will be the place for that â€˜its-5pm-somewhereâ€™ knock off drink. With state of the art coffee machines and located in the heart of Melbourne CBD this cafÃ© is dedicated to all things Melbourne.
This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of Melbourneâ€™s newest five star hotel, opening in December 2021, and the only Hyatt Centric in Australia.
As the Barista, you will take charge of the space and the offerings. Making coffees, talking through our pastry offerings, pouring drinks â€“ the space will be your baby. We are looking for someone who is passionate about coffee to be our coffee ambassador in the hotel and the go-to person for all things coffee related.
We are looking for a barista who is curious minded, energetic, passionate, is connected to the latest and newest this sounds like you we want to hear from you! offerings in Melbourne, and someone who loves researching to find new opportunities.
Whatâ€™s in it for you?
Centric is a new brand to the Hyatt chain. It’s a lifestyle hotel all about flexibility, fun, exploring and being un-scripted. Our culture reflects this in; flexible attire – no boring uniforms, you will be in fashion pieces designed from a local Melbourne fashion house. Want to get a work out in before or after your shift? Be our guest! We’ll also provide you with discounted accommodation at our properties world wide from the day you start.
What will your typical workday look like?
- Meeting and greetings guests arriving and departing guests of the hotel as well as walk-in customers
- Assist with the set up of the cafÃ© to ensure you have everything you need to get your day started
- Provide personalized service on a small scale operation
- Ensure the delivery of brand promise and provide exceptional guest services at all times
- Previous Food & Beverage experience in hotel environment or similar fast-paced environment
- A valid and current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate for Victoria
- Fantastic interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Amazing customer service skills along with the capability of working both autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to create a positive first impression
- The flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays
Hyatt Centric employees enjoy, but are not limited to;
- In house training programs and initiatives
- Flexible work; attire, hours, leave and location
- Investment in your career development through training, opportunities and mentor-ship
- Discounted and complimentary accommodation across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- Complimentary laundry
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt