Assistant Educator | C&K Regents Park CommunityÂ Kindergarten
Job Location: Brisbane Southern Suburbs & Logan
Employer: C&K Association
The Childcare and Kindergarten Association Limited (C&K) is a not-for-profit early childhood provider with nearly 350 early childhood education and care services located across Queensland. C&K acknowledges that each child and family have unique early education and care requirements and so we provide a range of different programs including childcare, kindergarten, outside school hours’ care and integrated services.
About the opportunity
C&K Regents Park is a community based not-for-profit Kindergarten located. The Centre is a single unit Kindergarten that caters for up to 22 children across insert number learning spaces. Our Centre is now looking for a Assistant Educator who is passionate about working alongside children in their early years and will contribute to a team that values open communication and sees children as competent and capable learners.
No two days are the same at C&K Regents Park Community Kindergarten. Our teaching team tailor each dayâ€™s learning taking into account the interests of the children in the group. The spacious environment at our kindy is thoughtfully planned and well resourced. There is a focus on music, drama, literature and visual arts and time spent discovering the natural environment outdoors. The kindergarten operates their program Monday to Friday.
You will be working on a permanent part time basis, 7.5 hours per day Monday, Tuesday, and every alternate Wednesday.This position commences early January 2022.
An experienced early childhood Educator, you will be energetic, fun, passionate and committed to supporting and guiding childrenâ€™s learning and development. You will have the following:
- Certificate lll qualification in early childhood (qualification must be recognised by ACECQA); or enrolled and actively working towards
- Current First Aid, CPR and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certification
- Hold or willing to obtain a paid Blue Card
- Previous experience working with children
- Awareness of the National Quality Framework and Queensland Kindergarten guidelines
- Passion for creating and delivering a simulating learning environment
- An understanding of the provision of a safe, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
- Skilled with documenting observations of children’s behaviour and development, in the form of learning stories.
- An ability to implement a planned program, in collaboration with the Early Childhood Teacher ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met
C&K offers a number of benefits to its employees including:
- Above award wages
- Learning and development opportunities
- Additional non-contact time
- Discounted fees to study with the C&K College of Early Childhood
- Salary packaging options
- Priority access to C&K childcare and kindergarten services
- Return to work support
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes a police check.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. C&K reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.â€¯
If this sounds like you, apply now!