Assistant Director, Road Safety
Job Location: ACT
Employer: Easy Authoring Pty Ltd
- Position Requirements – Baseline security clearance
- $73.96 – $81.19/hour + super
- Contract 24 January 2022 with possible extension
- ACT – Immediate Start.
About the role:
This role requires a person who can inspire, energise and positively influence team and individual outcomes. The role is responsible for supervising, managing and motivating a team and providing appropriate support and guidance. Effective employee engagement skills are a key enabler in the performance of this role as is a values-based leadership style.
This position requires a leader with a strong, considered and engaging people focus to successfully deliver and drive a culture of respect and a desire to achieve customer service excellence. The ideal candidate will possess an innate ability to draw on the right skills in a contextually and environmentally appropriate manner, align team performance and develop capacity to achieve organisational objectives. Model commitment to continual learning, encourage ongoing development and engaging the right people to the right roles.
The responsibilities include:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing traffic safety and residential streets improvement engineering programs/initiatives.
- Demonstrated technical ability to provide advice on traffic engineering projects including the management of consultancies.
- Experience in team management, including proven skills in leading and motivating staff to deliver projects within challenging timeframes.
- Demonstrated resource, time and project management skills and an understanding of relevant legislation and technical standards.
- Demonstrated high level communication (oral and written), negotiation, liaison and representation skills and a demonstrated ability to consistently display high quality customer service principles.
- A demonstrated commitment to implementing the principles of workplace diversity, participative work practices and occupational health and safety.
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- A Civil Engineering University Degree
- Membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Preferable, a post-graduate qualification in Traffic Engineering
Compliance Requirements / Qualifications:
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Driverâ€™s licence (C-Class) is essential.
- This position does not require a pre-employment medical
- This position does not require a Working with Vulnerable People Check
Our team is like a family – for the hard work we have the following on offer for you!
- Day rate of $73.96 – $81.19/hour + super
- Initial contract until 24 January 2022 with a possible extension
- Promotional opportunities available amongst an established & growing organisation
- ACT is based, and you can start the contract immediately.
- You will ideally be available on 1-2 Weeksâ€™ Notice.
About Easy Authoring:
We provide pre-qualified and/or experienced learning professionals, contingent staffing solutions and payroll services to Australiaâ€™s leading organizations and Government departments. Our goal is to ensure that our clients have the right people, with the right skills to help achieve their strategic business objectives.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, then please click on the “Apply” button and follow the prompts. To learn more about this opportunity please contact [email protected]