Assistant Accountant – Shepparton Area
Job Location: Melbourne
Employer: Wilbart Pty Ltd
About the business
This company is in high growth mode and requires a dedicated Assistant Accountant to join their existing team at an operation based in the Shepparton area. This is a long term, full time career opportunity, and would suit someone looking to develop their career and skill knowledge. This role will report to the General Manager.
The organisation manufactures a wide range of fully automated grading lines and packing equipment to the fresh produce sector (vegetables/fruit operations) throughout Australia, and is renowned for their quality product, and their longevity in the marketplace (+ 70 years). Their standing in this sector is first class.
This role will enhance the financial capabilities of this business.
Some key responsibilities:
- Monthly reporting P&L by division (there are 3 divisions).
- Preparation of quarterly BAS reporting, monthly PAYG tax, and payroll tax..
- Preparation of Workcover.
- Support the external accountants.
- Support weekly payroll.
- Reconcile the general ledgers, BAS and PAYG lodgements.
- Performing adhoc task analysis as required.
Benefits and perks
A very competitive salary package will be offered. As a guide, a base salary of $80K – $90K + super.
Please Note: Some relocation assistance may be offered.
This is a long term salaried role with enormous scope for growth and security moving forward.
Skills and experience:
- Some experience in a similar role will be required, ideally in a fast paced workplace.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (Commerce, Finance, Accounting etc.).
- A willingness to tackle a varied work load in a busy environment.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and a desire to add value to this business.
- Excellent MS skills and computer savvy.