Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: Antunes Group
Antunes Group is a boutique family owned property development and management business that has be operating for the past 25 years. With our large property portfolio, this is an exciting opportunity to join our growing business. This role will see you working closely with the Financial Controller, with day to day accounting, financial reporting and general administration functions of the business. The successful applicant will be a proactive individual with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
This role will suit an individual with excellent financial skills, is well organised, has a high attention to detail, good communication skills and the ability to work with initiative. You will also have an ability to meet deadlines consistently, be able to work individually and as part of a team. Succeeding in this role will see you as a valued contributor to our business with long term job security and growth.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller with all areas of finance and general administration including:
- Entering invoices into Xero and other general data entry
- Setting up invoice for payment in line with cashflow summary
- Entering and reconciling of property management reports
- Managing business credit cards reconciliations and expense reimbursements;
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, clearing accounts and balance sheet items
- Processing intercompany transactions and journals
- Solving inter loans issues between entities;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial and consolidated reports
- Processing quarterly activity statements;
- Investigate financial queries and resolve invoicing issues
- Office Administration â€“ answering telephone calls, preparing boardroom for meetings, opening mail, filing, etc.
- Attend to adhoc requests from the Financial Controller and Project Director
- Attend to personal requests from the director
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree qualified in Commerce or a related discipline
- Experience in using the Xero Accounting Software
- Advanced in using Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail, an analytical mind and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure working within the property development and/or property management industry will be advantageous
- The ability to work as part of team and individually
- An appetite and willingness to learn as our business continues to grow
- Positive attitude and excellent work ethic
If you possess these qualities, want to grow with the business whilst expanding your skills, we would love to hear from you.
A compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate dependent on skill and experience. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted in December.