APS5 Work Health and Safety Advisor
Job Location: South West Coast VIC
Employer: DFP Recruitment
$55 – $60 per hour
We are seeking an experienced Work Health and Safety Advisor’s to join a Government Agency based in Geelong or Melbourne CBD. There are opportunities available at both the APS5 & APS6 equivalent levels to work on a 12-month temporary assignment.
The Work Health and Safety Advisor is accountable for undertaking a range of procedural, operational, governance and administrative activities. They will have a considerable level of contact with internal and external stakeholders and will be required to communicate with and provide advice on a range of matters.
- Providing sound WHS advice and work collaboratively with workers and managers regarding WHS legislation, policy, processes and procedures
- Providing technical WHS advice to support the business functions of the WHSW Team
- Assisting in the management and provision of advice on incident responses
- Coordinating the development and maintenance of the Agencyâ€™s hazard inspection schedule
- Assisting in the preparation of briefs, reports, meeting papers and other materials related to managing WHS
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Prior experience in in work health and safety matters in an Australian Public Service context is highly desirable.
- Formal qualifications in WHS and/or safety-related disciplines, for example, a degree in WHS or a safety-related discipline would be highly regarded
- Relevant qualification in safety investigation systems such as ICAM (Incident, Cause, Analysis Methodology) is desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
As this role is within the Federal Government, applicants are required to hold Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency in order to be considered.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW or call DFP Recruitment on 8632 9900 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via [email protected] or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.