Application Support Engineer
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
When you work at Nasdaq, youâ€™re working for more open and transparent markets so that more people can access opportunities. Connections can be made, jobs can be created, and communities can thrive. We want all our employees to have access to opportunity, too. That means planning for career growth, ensuring you have the tools you need, and promoting an inclusive culture where weâ€™re all valued for our unique perspective.
Here, you will work for a global tech leader committed to breaking down barriers to inclusive prosperity. We see technology as a means to free people up to work together more productively and effectively by centralizing data, analytics, and market intelligence.
Here, weâ€™re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive workforce. Not only is it our responsibility to do better, but we also need representative voices to power the fresh thinking that is vital for our business and our clients.
What We Offer
Our Nasdaq Market Surveillance (NMS) product is a proven multi-asset surveillance solution that combines exceptional performance with exceptional adaptability. It is designed to provide best in breed on-premise and SaaS delivery options, with cloud based technology deployment and best in class surveillance and compliance functionality.
We are currently seeking an Application Support Engineer who will be responsible for Systems Support and Operational Support including Application Management and Support for all NMS provided services. This includes Technical Operations and Application Support, managing incidents for both internal and external customers, installing application updates and maintaining operational documentation and procedures.
You can expect an autonomous but fast-paced work environment where you are recognized for your results and ability to drive things forward. Every day brings many opportunities to learn and grow and rewards with a global impact we create.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary package, incredible private health insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid annual and parental leave, gym sponsorship and more.
What You Will Do
- Supports customer issues and incidents, manages and triages issues and supports overall customer interaction for incidents
- Performs checks and support of systems for software/hardware errors, failures and capacity issues; troubleshoot, diagnose and escalate to senior associates
- Produces and follows procedures for startup and shutdown of core systems, recovery procedures, scheduling, backups, and monitors batch processes
- Supports troubleshooting order entry and market data connectivity issues with clients, exchanges, market centers, and network providers
- Reviews system capabilities, department workflow, and scheduling requirements
- Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software
- Administers and maintains security of operating systems
What We Expect
- A Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar product/application support role
- Good knowledge of scripting with Linux based languages such as Bash or Python
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of financial markets and trading concepts is an advantage
Does It Sound Like You?
Please follow through by clicking the â€œApplyâ€ link and submitting your application. If your skills and experience are a match, we will be in touch soon. In the meantime, please visit our website and social media channels to learn more about our innovative business, inclusive culture and where a career at Nasdaq can take you.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.