Application Security Engineer
Company: Bluefin Resources Pty Limited
$150k – $190000.00 p.a.
The successful candidate will join a new internal cyber team within the organisation and will be required to bring their expertise across App Sec or DevSecOps to assist with protecting the security interest of the organisation and its customers. Joining the Application Security team you will be expected and encouraged to bring forth your ideas and opinions to help achieve a common goal. Joining a small team of 3 your ideas will be heard, and you will be able to make a positive impact on the security capability
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work with development teams to scope the best testing for the product/feature at hand
- Execute security activities across the software development lifecycle, from design and architecture review to code review and testing
- Actively seek out ways to automate security testing and auditing tasks, to free up your focus on the difficult and interesting challenges.
- Experience in influencing development and other technical teams to improve organizational security posture
- Understand and improve how vulnerabilities and security issues can fit into the agile workflow
- Understanding of any of OWASP Top 10, MITRE ATT&CK, CWE, ITIL etc
- Understanding of CVSS, CI/CD Uplift, SAST/DAST and Dependency Analysis (desirable)
- Extensive understanding in Software development and code reviews
- Fluency in any of these programming languages and libraries: Next.js, React, Typescript and Java (highly desirable)
- Experience in creation of testing strategies and scopes
- Knowledge of cloud environments (AWS preferred)
- Exposure in secure design and architecture
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish, develop and maintain relationships with developers and other technical teams
- Exhibit flexibility; capable of adjusting to changing priorities
The clients HQ is in Melbourne however we are open to interstate applications as very flexible work environment!
This is an urgent role so applications will be reviewed immediately with view to interview with the client in a few days.
If you are interested, then please apply with resume or call Liz on 0414214325
http://www.bluefinresources.com.au/privacy-policy [link removed]