Location: Melbourne Northern Suburbs
Company: Uniting (Victoria and Tasmania) Limited
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Maximum Term (until June 2022)
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dedicated AOD Counsellor to join our innovative national award winning program. The purpose of this position, and the broader Catalyst team, is to support the development and delivery of evidence based individual and group therapeutic interventions intended to:
- Provide behaviour changing interventions to assist individuals to reduce or cease harmful alcohol and drug use;
- Assist participants to establish healthier lifestyles free of problematic alcohol and drug use;
- Assist participants to avoid and better manage relapse.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant health and or welfare Tertiary Qualification such as Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences.
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment.
- Experience working with AOD or dual diagnosis clients.
- Demonstrated experience providing drug and alcohol assessment and counselling activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and some experience with case formulation, development of Individual Treatment Plans and discharge planning.
- Demonstrated Knowledge and some experience in the application of Motivational Enhancement and Cognitive Behavioural Therapies.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by emailing the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 29 September 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Mark Johnston, Team Leader – Catalyst on 0466 935 717
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.